Asking for Prayer

marty

Beta Tester
My brothers and sisters in Christ,

Will you please join me in prayer for this woman - Betty Lynn? Below is her post-virus report from our Nextdoor (community) website:

"Many of you have been following me and wishing me well through my sickness and recovery of covid 19. I wanted to give it some time to see how well I did and to tell you the outcome. So here it is.

March 30 through April 15 I was hit hard with this virus. I spent these 2 1/2 weeks in bed eating lots of organic oranges and drinking lots of organic electrolyte water. I lost 15 pounds.

Today:

Physically: It's been 2 weeks now that I have been recovering. The muscles in my legs ... well, what muscles - I have lost muscles strength in my legs and it is still painful to walk. My legs are weak and shaky. I get exhausted very quickly. I walk real slow. I have very little taste and smell. I don't get hungry. I have to remind myself to eat. I eat small healthy meals several times a day. It takes a lot of energy to digest food so after I eat I have no energy. I usually take a 4 hour nap. The worst part of how I am feeling today. This is weird. My brain feels like cement. One BIG headache ! ! ! It's my normal now so I'm learning to deal with it. Every once in a while the top of my brain would get hot. Right before my brain gets hot I hear a high pitch buzzing sound and I can feel a wave quickly go from my left ear, across the top of my head to my right ear And now what I have just describe to you has gone to the back of my brain. I do not hear a ringing in my ears. What I do hear all the time is this high pitch buzzing sound. I feel my brain hot maybe every other day. It lasts around 5 minutes.

Do I think the effects of this virus is going to take my life? Of course it is. I do not think I will be alive in the next 6 months and that is stretching my days. When I first got sick, throughout the day I was giving myself permission to die. Each time I woke up I couldn't believe I was still alive. And today I cannot believe I am still alive. I do give myself permission to go to sleep and not wake up. The effects of this virus on my body really beat the hell out of me. I do not think I will recover and go back to where I was before I got the virus. So physically my physical body is trashed. I plan to shelter at home until June 1 except for a few errands I have to run. No retail visits though.

Emotionally: As some of you saw I started a post about the city swimming pools being closed. I am deeply saddened. My 9 year old grandson was on the city swim team. I went to most of his swim practices and all of his swim meets and the city tournament. He won 9 ribbons, some of them first place ribbons. I was so proud of him that I collected all of his ribbons and a picture of him in the swimming pool All this stuff is now in a beautiful picture frame which loved ones wrote him a message on the back side of it. It is beautiful. My granddaughter is old enough and she was planning on joining the swim team this summer. I was more than looking forward into spending my time at the pool watching them practice and watching all their meets. And in the hot summer evenings I would go play in the swimming pool with them Now all this excitement has been stomped on. It isn't gong to happen. I am telling you my personal story with tears in my eyes. What a loss ! ! ! I also had booked a flight to go be with my three grandsons for Easter. I had to cancel my flight do to the virus, I hope I get to fly and go one more to time be with them. Somehow I will make it happen.

Mentally: I constantly remind myself to accept life as is it as I know I cannot change any of this. I focus on loving my family and keeping in contact with them several times a day. I remind myself to accept how my physically body is today. I eat healthy and get a lot of rest. I am taking care of myself better than I ever have.

Spiritually: It is well with my soul.

I want to thank all of you for all your positive comments. I want to make it clear I do not want sympathy. I wanted to share with you what I have experienced throughout being sick. May all of you stay well and healthy. Take extra good care of yourselves. Be kind and say 'I love you' to all the people who are dear and precious to you. Be honest always. Be peaceful. Try not to be sheep to authority figures all the time. Get life on being smart and wise with all the decisions you make. Thanks for reading this long post. Take care and God bless ! ! !
"

Johnny NL

Same...

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
I love her spirit... Adding her to my prayer list 🙏

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
How is she doing Marty?

marty

Beta Tester
Thank you for asking, Ruthlyn! Several people have reached out to her on Nextdoor and her posts and correspondence have become a lot less distraught. This is what I've learned: She spent one day in the hospital and then they sent her home - no medical people checked up on her afterwards! She's 68 and lives alone, but a daughter lives nearby and occasionally brings groceries over (apparently the daughter doesn't do much else for her as she's been trying to keep up with the house and yard by herself). Being alone, not knowing what to expect and having all those bizarre symptoms totally overwhelmed her. A registered nurse (retired?) who is also recovering from the virus started corresponding with her, said that she had some of the same symptoms, and advised her to call a healthline, so last week Betty Lynn called in and related her symptoms and was told that her allergies to tree pollen are doubling up some of her issues. That was this past Friday. (I offered to get her some super-duper furnace filters to help with the pollen but she said 'thanks, but not to do it because the pollen will be gone by the time the filters get here and she can get someone to install them.) Yesterday she made an appointment with her doctor - that's the last I know. I told her that I'd asked for prayer for her here and she has sent her heartfelt thanks to all of you, a couple times. So, thank you all for keeping her in your prayers!

Last edited:

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Thanks for the update and will continue to lift her up in prayer.

marty

Beta Tester
Update: Betty Lynn got some meds for her allergies and they have made a huge difference in her recovery. Yesterday she was even cracking jokes - like she did before she got the virus. She said she doesn't feel like her brain is on fire anymore, no more high-pitched buzzing, and the depression has lifted. Thank you all for your faithful prayers and concern! You're the best! 😍

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
This is indeed good news Marty 🙌!! Thanks for letting us know 😊