Becoming a Freemasonary as a Christian.

Stewart

I have been a Christian for about ten years. I have recently got interested in Freemasonry and would like to explore the subject much further, perhaps evening applying to join sometime in the future. I heard good and bad things about the Society and would like to find out about being a Christian and a Freemason. Anyone out there know about this.

ishaknatan

Beta Tester
Christian have interesting discussion . . .

Johnny NL

Here is a great sermon by Dr. H.T. Spence on the topic, just click on the title it should take you to the download for the sermon. Please give it a listen.
The Christian and Secret Societies
That "COULDN'T" be more clearer !!!
Amen Lord for the BIBLE, The True WORD of GOD !
Thanks Ruthlyn, it was known of me, but not in such details.
What a great teaching.

Johnny NL

seducing spirits...?!!???.... lollll
1 Timothy 4:1-2

Last edited:

Truckerboy

I have been a Christian for about ten years. I have recently got interested in Freemasonry and would like t'sexplore the subject much further, perhaps evening applying to join sometime in the future. I heard good and bad things about the Society and would like to find out about being a Christian and a Freemason. Anyone out there know about this.
As a born again Christian you cannot join the Freemasons, Stewart. Apart from the fact that you can't apply to join - it is by invite only, as a member you have to swear your allegiance to the Craft above anything else. If nothing else, that contradicts the command to "have no other gods before Me". But there is a plethora of reasons to not get involved, some of which you may find difficult to believe.

The idea of becoming a mason is attractive, because the organisation does do a lot of good, charitable work, although much of it is actually for those involved with Freemasonry. So for example, the local masons made a large financial donation to the Cathedral in the city where I live here in the UK. Indeed, because of work I did for a local charity, I was invited to join a the Royal Antidiluvian order of the Buffalo, which tends to act as a feeder organisation to Freemasonry. I declined, of course.

A number of people have asked who or what the god of Freemasonry is, and are told that the god of Freemasonry is the god that they have brought with them. That in itself should give off warning bells, because it is effectively "all roads lead to God". However, it goes deeper than that, and does get worse. Freemasonry has its own hierarchy, which has 33 levels, called "degrees", and you enter as a 1st degree mason, and away you go. As with joining, ascending the degrees is by invite, as and when you are deemed capable of handling the next stages. At the 3rd degree you are told that the god of Freemasonry has a name, which is "Jahbulon", and it is a triune deity comprising "Jahweh", the God of Judaism, "Bul" ("Baal", the god of the Phoenicians and "On", another name for Osiris, the Egyptian god of the underworld. The fact that it is a triune god seems to have been a reason that a large number of Methodist, Baptist and Anglican ministers became Freemasons, especially here in the UK. That at best, Jahbulon is two-thirds demonic didn't seem to worry them. However if you raise this name in discussions about Freemasonry, you will get a varied response, with many trying to refute you. However, much of that opposition will come from 1st or 2nd degree masons, who simply do not know about Jahbulon.

When you reach around the 28th to the 33rd degrees, you will be deemed able to handle the real name of Freemasonry's god, which is Lucifer. Oh dear - and no wonder that this is kept secret from the majority of Freemasons, and certainly not something which the craft will be open about. It also tells you that Freemasonry think that it is perfectly all right to lie and mislead, deliberately deceiving the majority of its members.

I started researching this when the subject of Freemasonry and the church came to the surface in the late 1980's here in the UK, and discovered just how powerful and far-reaching the organisation is, and just how many world events are influenced by the craft. I also felt somewhat helpless, especially as I found that people who opposed the craft put themselves at risk. Having found all this out, what could little me do about it, and indeed, was I at risk? After much prayer, I was re-assured by the scripture "greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world". And that should I find myself coming across masonic activity, all I needed to do was pray about it, and see what the Lord would do, or have me to do.

Stewart

As a born again Christian you cannot join the Freemasons, Stewart. Apart from the fact that you can't apply to join - it is by invite only, as a member you have to swear your allegiance to the Craft above anything else. If nothing else, that contradicts the command to "have no other gods before Me". But there is a plethora of reasons to not get involved, some of which you may find difficult to believe.

The idea of becoming a mason is attractive, because the organisation does do a lot of good, charitable work, although much of it is actually for those involved with Freemasonry. So for example, the local masons made a large financial donation to the Cathedral in the city where I live here in the UK. Indeed, because of work I did for a local charity, I was invited to join a the Royal Antidiluvian order of the Buffalo, which tends to act as a feeder organisation to Freemasonry. I declined, of course.

A number of people have asked who or what the god of Freemasonry is, and are told that the god of Freemasonry is the god that they have brought with them. That in itself should give off warning bells, because it is effectively "all roads lead to God". However, it goes deeper than that, and does get worse. Freemasonry has its own hierarchy, which has 33 levels, called "degrees", and you enter as a 1st degree mason, and away you go. As with joining, ascending the degrees is by invite, as and when you are deemed capable of handling the next stages. At the 3rd degree you are told that the god of Freemasonry has a name, which is "Jahbulon", and it is a triune deity comprising "Jahweh", the God of Judaism, "Bul" ("Baal", the god of the Phoenicians and "On", another name for Osiris, the Egyptian god of the underworld. The fact that it is a triune god seems to have been a reason that a large number of Methodist, Baptist and Anglican ministers became Freemasons, especially here in the UK. That at best, Jahbulon is two-thirds demonic didn't seem to worry them. However if you raise this name in discussions about Freemasonry, you will get a varied response, with many trying to refute you. However, much of that opposition will come from 1st or 2nd degree masons, who simply do not know about Jahbulon.

When you reach around the 28th to the 33rd degrees, you will be deemed able to handle the real name of Freemasonry's god, which is Lucifer. Oh dear - and no wonder that this is kept secret from the majority of Freemasons, and certainly not something which the craft will be open about. It also tells you that Freemasonry think that it is perfectly all right to lie and mislead, deliberately deceiving the majority of its members.

I started researching this when the subject of Freemasonry and the church came to the surface in the late 1980's here in the UK, and discovered just how powerful and far-reaching the organisation is, and just how many world events are influenced by the craft. I also felt somewhat helpless, especially as I found that people who opposed the craft put themselves at risk. Having found all this out, what could little me do about it, and indeed, was I at risk? After much prayer, I was re-assured by the scripture "greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world". And that should I find myself coming across masonic activity, all I needed to do was pray about it, and see what the Lord would do, or have me to do.

Stewart

Thank you for your reply - I will take on board the various points you have made - Merry Christ and a Happy New Year

RevTim

Beta Tester
I don't endorse CRI's cavinism, but this is a well written critique - and remember what the Lord says: 2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

Stewart

I don't endorse CRI's cavinism, but this is a well written critique - and remember what the Lord says: 2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,

Thanks for your comment, I will give it a good read.

terrpn

Good answer........................................as Christ said to Satan- It is written.......