Bible comparison

Jerry

Beta Tester
Just adding to my wish list for future SS features...

A more robust Bible comparison mode, like the ability to compare more than one Bible. And perhaps more of a "table" look-n-feel so that it is easier to compare verses side-by-side.

Jerry

I plan to add a more robust "parallel mode" hopefully in the next update.

Just adding to my wish list for future SS features...

A more robust Bible comparison mode, like the ability to compare more than one Bible. And perhaps more of a "table" look-n-feel so that it is easier to compare verses side-by-side.

Jerry

Jerry..................... have enjoyed your post's in the past and your passion and labor for the reviews of other Bible programs that available on the market. To be honest you saved me a lot of $. Thanks.............

It's always positive to have more features as Brandon continues on what seems like an endless pace upgrading, adding, trying to implement suggestions, etc. which IMOP makes SS par none.

I'm somewhat curious if your request involves adding a comparison table (if you will) to the Bibles already built in or does that involve adding modern translations for comparison................?

If I can be bold to say...................one of the strong points that brought me and keeps using SS is it's faithfulness in trying to honor the King James Version. I don't expect everyone to understand or agree, but I would hate to see SS fall in line with all the other Bible programs.

Reckon I'm just a fool for believing the KJV is God's word whereby it is the only authority that I try to live my life by.

In His Service,
Wes

Hi Wes,

You don't need to worry about the focus of SwordSearcher changing. It's not going to.

Jerry is more of a "power user" and is likely to be adding his own material to his SwordSearcher installation with the various tools available. Also, there are third-party publishers who will be (or may be) offering their own material for SwordSearcher.

For me, the current "compare mode" function for the Bible panel is usually enough, but there are times where I would like what Jerry is requesting too: SwordSearcher has the old Tyndale, Geneva, Bishops, and 1611 edition KJV texts, and it would be nice to be able to see each one side by side next to the standard KJV when I am looking at the history of the translation of the Received Text.

For me, the current "compare mode" function for the Bible panel is usually enough, but there are times where I would like what Jerry is requesting too: SwordSearcher has the old Tyndale, Geneva, Bishops, and 1611 edition KJV texts, and it would be nice to be able to see each one side by side next to the standard KJV when I am looking at the history of the translation of the Received Text.

I'd still like the ability to reorder the Bibles so that I could put all those older English versions in date order, either oldest to KJV or vice versa.

Back