Bible Wheel

wsbones

Beta Tester
Here's an interesting website to explore. http://www.biblewheel.com/

It never crossed my mind (apparently not many others either) that the 66 books of our Bible would map to the 22 Hebrew letters in an interesting way.

I particularly like the diagram shown at the end of the flash video link. http://www.biblewheel.com/BWApp.html

I grabbed a copy of it for my own use in selecting Books of the Bible using an image map.

He also has a free book to download in pdf format at this link.
http://www.biblewheel.com/Book/eBook.asp

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Very interesting Bill... thanks much :)

Ruthlyn

kjv777

From the Bible Wheel Author at: http://www.biblewheel.com/blog/index.php/2011/08/08/why-i-quit-christianity/

Why I quit Christianity
August 8, 2011 at 6:56 pm
R. A. McGough - 63 comments

Since I began this website back in 2001, and during most of the decade that followed, I identified myself as a “Bible-believing Christian” in no uncertain terms. For example, here is how I described myself in my old FAQ (which remains on the old version of my site for historical purposes):

Are you a Christian? Protestant? Catholic?
Praise God, I am a man saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesian 2:8). I am a non-denominational blood-bought Bible-believing Trinitarian Christian. I believe that the true “faith which was once delivered unto the saints” (Jude 3) is well stated in the early creeds of the church that Christ founded.

Likewise, here is my testimony about the purpose of my website on the old homepage:

To this end I labour, to glorify the Triune God; to glorify the Father Almighty, Creator of all, to glorify His Son Jesus Christ my Saviour and Hope, and to glorify the Giver of all divine gifts, my Comforter, Guide, Teacher and Friend, God the Holy Spirit. To You be the glory, thrice holy blessed God of Eternity! To You be the glory, now and forevermore. Amen. Amen. Amen.

And here are the thanks I gave to Christ on my old About page:

I remain eternally grateful to my Lord Jesus Christ, the King of the Universe, for shedding His Light upon me and guiding my path – usually without my knowledge – and giving me both the burning desire and the ability to proclaim the neverending wonders of His Holy Word. Oh! The wonders of His Grace! Had He left me to myself, doubtless I’d be dead or wandering aimless and lost through this dark world. Thank you, my Lord!

So, that’s where I was at for most of the last decade. How then is it possible that I now reject the faith I once believed with such passion? What changed? The answer is really pretty simple. I was “blinded” by the light I saw in the Bible. Anyone who has entered in to the Bible with believing eyes knows how it can capture the soul. It feels alive. It touches chords that resonate down into the deepest parts of ourselves. It seems to be filled with light everywhere you look: the Gospel message shines with its numinous symbolic elements like the Alpha Omega, the Cross, the Dove, the Death and Resurrection of Christ, and on and on it goes. Who wouldn’t want to believe such a story? Indeed, the believer wonders how anyone could resist such an amazing Gospel message. And beyond all that, I had the overwhelming witness of the Bible Wheel which seemed to confirm everything about the Bible as the very Word of God. All these things blinded me to the “dark side” of the Bible. I simply “overlooked” all the problematic passages, errors, contradictions, and moral abominations that didn’t fit with the amazingly glorious, and blinding, vision of the Bible as “God’s Word.”

So here are three of the primary issues that conspired to finally convince me that the traditional Christian faith is not true:

1) The Doctrine of Hell
I cannot conceive of a good God who would design an eternal evil in which souls suffer eternal conscious torment. This is a central doctrine accepted by the vast majority of Christians. It always bothered me throughout my time as a Christian, but I put it on the “back burner” and didn’t think about it much.

2) The Bible contains many errors, contradictions, logical absurdities, and moral abominations attributed to God.
This point covers a very large class of problems. Many recent threads on my forum deal with them. The most significant to me are the moral abominations attributed to God, such as his command to kill all the men, women, and children of people in Canaan.

3) God does not, as a general rule, answer prayers.
This fact seems incontrovertible and it directly contradicts the central promises of the Bible. It was the “final straw” for me.

There were many other issues, such as the general corruption of institutional Christianity (as witnessed by the ongoing cover-up of Ergun Caner’s decade of lies) and the general gullibility and anti-intellectualism of Christians (as witnessed by Harold Camping predicting the end of the world on May 21, 2011 and being given $81,000,000 by his brain-dead followers even after his previous failed date), but this is a pretty good overview. I would be delighted to discuss these points in detail with anyone interested.

In my next post, I will begin reviewing the Bible Wheel book to see what it looks like without my “blinders” on. I am very curious because as far as I know, all the evidence for the apparently “supernatural” design in the Bible remains true. This is the great mystery that now confronts me. The evidence for the Bible Wheel remains despite the obvious flaws in the Bible. So what does it mean? I don’t know yet, and before trying to come to a conclusion, I feel a need to critique my own book with the same honesty I have critiqued the Bible upon which it is based.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
He writes: "I cannot conceive of a good God who would..."

He seeks to anthropomorphize God. He is doomed to confusion on that alone. God is not like us. When one starts from such a position, one can never accept or understand God's holiness.

Also, his 3rd reason seems to indicate that he did not get something from God that he was demanding God give him, and therefore determined that God must not be there.

RevTim

Beta Tester
Brandon thank you for bringing that up. Too many believers today think the most important attribute of the Lord is love, yet I think the Bible is abundantly clear that holiness is God's highest characteristic. Without a proper understanding of that you will misunderstand much about God and his Word.

wsbones

Beta Tester
I hesitate to comment, but ...

It's a troubling post and yet not unexpected. "There, but for the grace of God, go I." said John Bradford.

First, there is the letter "I". The great Deceiver had trouble with the letter "I", and he is able to blind the eyes in such a way as to think that you are now seeing. (Isa 14.13-14, John 12.40)

The parable of the sower and seed indicates this can happen. (Mt 13.3-9)

It's possible to lose faith, but salvation, once obtained, is eternal.

We walk by faith. Mr 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

We need to be careful of our salvation. 1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

2Pe 3:16 says ... some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

TerriP

I had to look up anthropomorphize and I got it: it means impute. "People impute great cleverness to cats." – William Shakespeare.

Or better yet, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.” - Isaiah 55:8

Whatever else we comment, we or I have to keep in mind, this man is hurting and so badly that... well, you see his comment.

So here I go.

I quote Mr. McGough here: “So here are three of the primary issues that conspired to finally convince me that the traditional Christian faith is not true:”

You say “conspired to” and rightly so. Your enemy that old serpent the Devil has some real cunning ways about him, and all of us had better keep that our first order of the day, remembering that and being ever on the alert.

Somewhere along the line, sir, you’ve left a door open, you’ve relaxed your armour, and boy has he crept in. There is nothing better he likes than to pull down a man or woman of God.

And then you say “the traditional Christian faith is not true.” Let’s take that apart first:

“Christian faith is not true.” But faith in Christ is the only Truth there is! How could you not know that, after all your deep study of His Word? I believe you do know it, but your enemy has you hornswaggled, no two ways about it. Blinded by the light? What a thing to contemplate, let alone to be put into words! No, sir, you are blinded by darkness. Just another example of how your enemy twists the Truth, and you fell for it.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” Sir, you are in mortal danger of getting out of that “…cometh unto the Father…” zone. Or what, do you think Buddha, or Mohammed, or Hari Krishna, or any of them, or Oprah, for crying out loud… you think they are telling you the truth?

Then that word “traditional”…….. Whatever you do, don’t get faith in Jesus Christ mixed up with religion, or traditions of men, steer way clear of it: “Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.” and “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

It appears that that is your situation. We have seen men and women of the world highly gifted in the arts and sciences, and people of God, as well, where their hearts are turned from our Lord, for trusting in the works of their own hands, for making themselves their own God. Quite frankly, they “think” too much. When Jesus said, “…Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven,” he had good reason to warn us, to warn you. Look how you felt when you first were saved, that freedom, that joy! No, you are thinking too much and not trusting in Him. His thoughts are not our thoughts, and you are not God.

By the way, here’s the definition of religion: “RELIGION, n. relij'on. L. religio, from religo, to bind anew; re and ligo, to bind. This word seems originally to have signified an oath or vow to the gods, or the obligation of such an oath or vow, which was held very sacred by the Romans.”

And I say, be not religious, look not to religion, but to God.

1. Hell is very real, I can promise you that and moreover, the Word promises you that. Our Father does not want you to go there, no way. He did not create hell for man; he created it for Lucifer and his fallen angels. “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels…” Hell was prepared for the devil and his angels, for their rebellion, and not for mankind.

And God does not send His people to hell (it never even crossed His mind) – people send themselves. He gives us the choice. “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live…”

I urge you to turn to this 2008 post in here and read and meditate on the “Don’t Blame God” Scriptures: http://forums.swordsearcher.com/showthread.php?t=951&highlight=Don't+blame

2. The Bible contains no errors that can be attributed to God, none. There may be some error in translation, I know that to be true – which is a good reason to use our concordance and even better, to study and learn the original language. But again, don’t blame God for any errors, and certainly don’t judge the translators. Which brings up a point: did the original translators lose all hope and belief while they were doing this magnificent work, or the scribes, did they question what they were writing…? Didn’t they wash hands and even their whole bodies every time before going in to do their work? It seems to me I read that before. This is the point: they feared, revered the Lord, for who He is - the great I AM. Which is how we are to come into even reading every Word written in this Holy Book.

And contradiction? That is you, sir, trying to put pieces together with your own hands and by your own thoughts – it’s like you think you are Columbo and you have to prove who is the culprit. Another trick of the enemy: instead of “believe only,” you are trying to prove you are being tricked - but you got the wrong person to blame, clearly. You can’t see it because your eyes have been clouded, and not by our God, who wishes “...above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”

And moral abominations? First of all that is none of my business, and to be direct, sir, none of yours. If God told the Jews to wipe out those who worshipped Baal and Molech – who, by the way, killed their own children and sacrificed their own people in the most ghastly and sickening ways – then they did it, without doubting Him, as you so proudly do. He told Saul to finish them off, man, woman, child, and beast, and Saul did not do it, did he, and look at the trouble he got into – he lost the whole kingdom. Which is pretty much where we are now, losing our kingdom, because we are playing patty cake with an enemy who wants to destroy us.

3. God does indeed answer our prayers. We either do not hear Him or we do not have our eyes on Him (either purposefully, or in fear like Peter, who looks away from Him and falls into the water) or we come to Him with a demanding spirit or ungrateful heart. Again, don’t blame God. Never blame God for the evil that men do, and never blame God when we leave a door open ourselves. But even then He rescues us time and time again, just like he rescued Peter at the time, because He loves us, and He is not willing that any should perish. Salvation was 2,000 years ago, whether you receive it or not, for all of this evil to be wiped out completely, totally, once and for all, with clear and specific directions on how to go about doing it. And it appears to me that each day, our salvation and our being rescued from attacks of our enemy and/or rescued from our own foolishness begins with this one thing: Fear Not, Believe Only.

You, sir, have turned your eyes from Him, and you are falling into the water and you are drowning in your own foolishness. And yet…. But God. It is still not too late for you. Come back to Him as a little child. You evidently spend loads of time in doing works; spend this time now in seeking Him, with an open heart.

You say “There were many other issues, such as the general corruption of institutional Christianity…” I agree to an extent. It is not an easy thing, to find a church and fellowship where the Truth is being taught to the flock. This is unfortunately a general pattern where I live. But YHVH is dealing with that, too; read Ezekiel Chapter 34: “Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks? ….I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.” He is bringing them down.

And you dare to “critique the Bible.” I am amazed! You know what this reminds me of? Isaiah chapter 14. “I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.”

Don’t do it, Mr. McGough. Don’t continue on this path, because it will take you to hell for a certainty. And your enemy that old serpent the devil is using you to plant seeds of doubt in other believers, too; and you will be held accountable for that.

This is a spiritual thing, sir. Get over your self, and come back to the flock, come back to Yeshua, come back to the Truth. Choose Life!

I am led to repeat Colossians 2:8 here for good benefit of those who have read Mr. McGough’s comments here and elsewhere: “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.”

Mark 4:23 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Truckerboy

There have been some tremendous responses to this sad situation, particularly yours, Terri. Have you actually posted that response to him on his web site?

Bless you all.

Truckerboy.

Tjb

Several years ago I purchased the bible wheel and found it theologically accurate, with great attempt by the author to keep it rooted in scripture. Now the author comes along and trashes it. Let God be true and every man a liar, thus Richard has now become a liar. Richard is a prime example of the great falling away and an example for all, no matter how profound our revelation of God we must walk out our faith in fear and trembling - ie; humility. Who is Richard to "Debunk" The Word of God? I have found great encouragement in the Bible Wheel and will not allow the braying of the mule to detract from the truth God spoke through it. Oh howom the mighty have fallen!😪 My perception is at one time, Richard was a hippie, gave his life to Christ and now has sadly returned to his former state. May God have mercy on his soul.