books dictionares and commentaries

question new to this software . know this is a loaded question but what books, dictionaries and commentaries are you selecting to get the most out of these panels?

I personally love the Spurgeon Sermon books, and Larkin is very interesting. Sometimes I listen to Spurgeon Sermons on YouTube and match them up with his sermons in SwordSearcher. As for commentaries, with the popup showing relevant content, I choose from the commentaries that have something to say about the topic at hand. Often I'm surprised to discover a new commentary writer with a great point of view. I'm sure the more you use SwordSearcher, the more favorites you'll come up with. My latest fun thing to do is to read scripture and then put the verses in my own words into a user module that I made, and I relate the verses to what's currently going on in my life, and make them a personal prayer.

Mo go-tos:

Book: Nave's Topical Bible, Morrish Bible Dictionary.
Commentary: Gaebelein's Annotated Bible
Bible: KJV, KJV-TSK.

Tough question. Here's my current tabs and margin links. Many of these are user-created (showing a pencil in the tab). Check out the modules section of the forum. Most frequently I use _Notes, Web1913, and the topics with a preceding underscore link (_CAT, _FAV and _Tpx and _WBD3)

Tabs:
1716814250613.png

1716814265166.png

1716814283822.png

Margin links:
1716814327313.png

Here is "my" list of Dictionaries.
1716859791578.png

Make sure you have ALLLLLL the tabs you need in your panels... if ye don't wanna miss anything.
Everything "lighted up" has something to do with your search ! ! !
1716860133338.png

Last edited:
question new to this software . know this is a loaded question but what books, dictionaries and commentaries are you selecting to get the most out of these panels?
I like the fact that I can show in the Bible window the commentaries and books which have something about that verse, and do a bit of a preview about it with the mouse. I do have all the commentaries & books I have been able to get active for each window, but I have it where the tabs are a single row across the top, to save on window space. I hope that makes sense. I also like to rotate the Commentaries on the carousel (ctrl+alt+left/right arrow) and it will take you to the next Commentary that is active for the particular verse currently in focus.

Back