Bug in Version 4.7 update

I noticed when using version 4.5 deluxe and updating to version 4.7 (from website, not CD) that i no longer can copy~paste a section of text directly, say, into a forum. Clicking on paste does nothing, nothing gets pasted??

The only workaround i've come up with is to copy it to Notepad, then copy and paste from there, which works.

I did not run into that problem in previous versions <4.7. Anyone else run into the same issue?? :?:

Ray 8)

Copying from version 4.7

I also have upgraded from 4.5 to 4.6 and then 4.7 and have not seen any problem doing cut and paste. I copy and cut and paste from SS all the time in preparing messages and have seen no problems with 4.7.

You might want to try reloading that last update.

No probs here either athanasian_creed.

SEE :
Re?3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

athanasian_creed said:
Clicking on paste does nothing, nothing gets pasted??

This shouldn't be happening -- and I'm not aware of a problem with the clipboard copy functions.

Do you have the problem when you use the mouse to mark text on the screen, or when using the "Copy Verses.." function on the Edit menu? Does the problem exist with both?

Brandon Staggs said:
athanasian_creed said:
Clicking on paste does nothing, nothing gets pasted??

This shouldn't be happening -- and I'm not aware of a problem with the clipboard copy functions.

Do you have the problem when you use the mouse to mark text on the screen, or when using the "Copy Verses.." function on the Edit menu? Does the problem exist with both?

I have no problems copying verses within the verses section, left click, 'copy verse' or 'copy several verses' That works OK. It is just when i, say, highlight text from within the commentaries section and hit 'copy selected text' . If i do that, i either get nothing or i get some other text i haven't highlighted to be copied.

Very weird indeed. Like i said, i never had the problem previous to version 4.7 (updated from SS website from 4.5 deluxe CD version)

Thanks,

Ray 8)

athanasian_creed said:
If i do that, i either get nothing or i get some other text i haven't highlighted to be copied.

Very weird indeed. Like i said, i never had the problem previous to version 4.7 (updated from SS website from 4.5 deluxe CD version)

Very strange!

Please try this:

Go to File > Preferences > Options tab, and check the box next to "Use plain-text clipboard copy with marked text in displays"

Try copying again and see what happens.

Brandon Staggs said:
athanasian_creed said:
If i do that, i either get nothing or i get some other text i haven't highlighted to be copied.

Very strange!

Please try this:

Go to File > Preferences > Options tab, and check the box next to "Use plain-text clipboard copy with marked text in displays"

Try copying again and see what happens.

WOOHOO - that WORKED!!! :!:

Thanks Brandon - that was fast work - you obviously know your software inside and out!! :D

Ray 8)

Back