Can I do this search in the library (not necessarily a Bible module)?

I'd like to do a search of the entire library for all resources that contain two or more words anywhere in the resource. For example, can I search for all books containing both Baal and Asherah in all their various forms (Baals, Baalim, Asherim, Asheroths, etc) anywhere in the book? I know I can do one word at a time in the library, but then I'd need to save that entire search result, do another search for a different term, then save that result, and finally compare the results manually to see where both terms appeared. I am wondering if there is a away to have Swordsearcher do this? Would this be a REGEX type search?

wsbones

Beta Tester
Can you describe what you want to do with boolean logic. I am not sure what you mean by 2 or more in this context. Here's a library search dialog using boolean logic. You might need to add more terms to each set of parentheses.
upload_2018-7-6_15-30-7.png

upload_2018-7-6_15-31-27.png

Thanks for replying. I'm aware of this type of search, but it produces results that have the search terms near each other. I am wanting to expand the scope of the search so that even if the words aren't near each other in a given book, I'll still get hits. For example, you can set the proximity of terms in a Bible search to x number of verses apart. I'd like to essentially have that proximity be the entire book.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for replying. I'm aware of this type of search, but it produces results that have the search terms near each other. I am wanting to expand the scope of the search so that even if the words aren't near each other in a given book, I'll still get hits. For example, you can set the proximity of terms in a Bible search to x number of verses apart. I'd like to essentially have that proximity be the entire book.
There's no proximity option for non-Bible content, sorry. Since you are willing to have such broad results anyway, I would suggest using an OR search for the words. You would need to visually check to see if the books contain both words, but it would narrow it down.