Chapters in a book

jfw

Chapters of a book are listed above.
Just would be nice to have them on the left.
Also a way to turn this off and on.
Maybe this is silly ?
What do you think?

I kind of like how the Chapters are set. I don't view my SwordSearcher in full window display and like the minimalist view, sticking to the three-paneled basics.

E-Sword presents Chapter in that manner with the option to hide them. I always thought the E-Sword display was a bit busy with Chapters and other options. The hide option in E-Sword results in a "pop-up" mode which is distracting to me.

Perhaps an option could be developed to present Chapters on the left, but retain the current capability.

Thoughts?

Chapters of a book are listed above.
Just would be nice to have them on the left.
Also a way to turn this off and on.
Maybe this is silly ?
What do you think?

Do you mean in the Bible panel? I don't plan on changing how this works in SwordSearcher, as the Bible navigation method is something I think of as a distinctive trait of SwordSearcher. But I want to make sure I understand the request... are you saying you want to have permanent screen space devoted to showing you a partial list of chapters for the current book? One reason I don't care for having a list of chapters to the left of the content is that for longer books you still can't see all of them. This is why the chapter selection drop-down is organized the way it is:

1675178134292.png

Also I should add, the absolute fastest way to navigate to a chapter is to just start typing it and add a period. So for example, if I am in Psalms, I just type "10." and the text goes into the main search bar. Hit enter and it will go to chapter ten. If you leave off the period it will go to the tenth verse in the current chapter instead. If you type 10.2 it will go to chapter 10, verse two of the current book. also if you want to go to the next chapter, Alt+PageDn will do that, and Alt+PageUp will go to the previous chapter.

Back