Clipboard help.....

terrpn

Howdy gang........, I'm new to swordsearcher, the forum as I just received my copy today and so far am extremely pleased at how user friendly it is, although I know I need to keep clicking through it.

I've been an e-sword user for years, so this is a welcomed change although I'm not yet for going it.

I seem to be geezing, having a senior moment, whatever you wanta call it..........., but how/where do you access the clipboard.....?? Would also like to copy some images to print, but no clipboard....?? Any help would be appreciated.

If Brandon is reading this........., the "one" thing I adore about e-sword are the macros that allow you to import from e-sword directly from MS Word. When your typing a message you don't have to go into another program, pull up, highlight, copy, paste and so on............ Is there any chance that down the road it could happen with swordsearcher? If it wasn't for that one function, now that I've seen swordsearcher I'd ditch it.

Aynhow am looking for some direction on the clipboard.

Great program!!

but how/where do you access the clipboard.....?? Would also like to copy some images to print, but no clipboard....?? Any help would be appreciated.

You can use the clipboard by selecting some text and right-clicking with the mouse or you can look under the edit menu. Also Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V shortcuts work for copying and pasting. You can set up the clipboard options under the edit menu. Images can be copied with the right mouse button or Ctrl-C.

If Swordsearcher is running as well as your word processor, you can insert text directly into the word processor using the Ctrl-Alt-V key combination.

Also check out the help F1 key and look in the index for "clipboard" and "paste"

Would also like to copy some images to print, but no clipboard....??

Bill pointed out the normal text copy method. To copy images from the image viewer, you just need to right-click the image and then select the copy command from the pop up menu. You can then paste it into your word processor or graphics program.

If Brandon is reading this........., the "one" thing I adore about e-sword are the macros that allow you to import from e-sword directly from MS Word. When your typing a message you don't have to go into another program, pull up, highlight, copy, paste and so on............ Is there any chance that down the road it could happen with swordsearcher? If it

Sounds like you want to use the SwordSearcher Verse Auto Paste Bill described. When SwordSearcher is running in the background, press Ctrl+Alt+V in any editor (like Word or your email program), and you can have SwordSearcher paste in verses for you.

Hope this helps!

Thanks folks...........!!!

Reckon I'm dense......., everything works as advertised. Can't believe the depth of information, resources that are on this site. Why I never purchased earlier, I have no clue.

While I have and make no reservations knowing that God preserved his word and preserved them in a King James Bible there is some good contributions made by others.

Brandon your a blessing brother and the burden you have for providing this software, site, etc. probably won't be revealed until we all go home.

In Christ,
Wes Simpkins
US Navy (Medically) Retired

I Was Just Reading The Above Comments And It Reminded Me Of When I First Tried Ss. It Dident Take Me Long To Remove It From My Computer. It Was Just Too Much Stuff To Remember But I Kept Going Back To It And By The Time The 30 Days Were Expired I Was Ready To Make The Purchess. Then I Was Able To Leare As Ss Continued To Grow. I Havent Yet Mastered This Program But The Beauty Of It Is You Can Just Type In A Question And Back Comes An Answer. I Study Gods Word Every Day (daily Bread) And Every Day I Use This Program. Thanks Again Brandon.

Thanks Again Brandon.

Thanks for your comments, James. We've worked hard to "ease" the first-timer into SwordSearcher, especially with version 5 -- making it easy to see where to type in what you want to search for and what verse you want to see.

It's always a challenge to create a powerful, robust application without making it overwhelming to newcomers. The tendency is for people to assume that they have to figure out how to use everything, when the reality is that the basics aren't hard to learn if you put off the advanced stuff.

When it comes to user interface design, there is always room for improvement.

Thanks for your comments, James. We've worked hard to "ease" the first-timer into SwordSearcher, especially with version 5 -- making it easy to see where to type in what you want to search for and what verse you want to see.

It's always a challenge to create a powerful, robust application without making it overwhelming to newcomers. The tendency is for people to assume that they have to figure out how to use everything, when the reality is that the basics aren't hard to learn if you put off the advanced stuff.

When it comes to user interface design, there is always room for improvement.

Brandon, I think having the tutorial option come up with the first use is great, but how about making it available any time? If someone felt like just trying out the program to learn as they use go, then are they shut out of that initial tutorial, or is it available later too?

Brandon, I think having the tutorial option come up with the first use is great, but how about making it available any time? If someone felt like just trying out the program to learn as they use go, then are they shut out of that initial tutorial, or is it available later too?

The "quick start" tutorial shortcut is on the help menu.

Back