Commentary and or Books

Pastor Langley

Created a commentary and made the mistake that it should have been a BOOK. What procedure to change it? My first thought was simply copy and paste again. Is there a shortcut to my mistake? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Can one simply change the filename "extension"?
Below is my file
Module file location: C:\Users\owass\OneDrive\Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules\MDB.ss5cmty

Module file time: 4/26/2022 5:30:55 PM UTC
Minimum SwordSearcher version: 5

User module last edited 4/26/2022 12:30:55 PM.

My fix was Create Book copy and paste all from Commentary into it. Done...
Just was wondering for future reference if any Ideas out there.
Thank you for any responds.

Here is why I asked this. The created Book [MDBF] file has 3 files inside it.
Smaller than the Bible Commentary [MDB] , which has only one of the same files as the Book.
I would have thought the other way? Maybe the formatting is the reason?
Just curious. I will be deleting the MDB commentary file as I have all files in the BOOK.

1684942700320.png

Created a commentary and made the mistake that it should have been a BOOK. What procedure to change it?

A commentary could be converted to a book by exporting it for Forge (User menu, Advanced), then manually editing the Forge source file a bit and rebuilding it as a book with Forge. Whether or not that is "easier" than copy-and-paste depends on your comfort level with the raw source files and how big the module is, and whether or not you want to take the time to learn how Forge works. You could not easily go the other direction, since books typically don't only contain single verse reference titles for their entries.

The created Book [MDBF] file has 3 files inside it.
I don't know what you mean by that, sorry.

As for file size, there are differences in the indexing system for commentaries and books. Once you get beyond a small amount of text, the file size difference is trivial. An empty commentary contains more information than an empty book, if you want to think of it that way.

Thank you. That answered my question. It worked for me as there was only 3 files to deal with. So I copied and pasted. Will look at Forge for future.
The book file had 3 files in it the commentary had only one is what I meant. So I deleted the Commentary kept the Book.

New question please. Books has the feature to "add new entry" and the "rename this entry"
where the Commentary has "edit this commentary on this verse". May I ask, Why?
Don't get me wrong here I LOVE IT trying to really learn S.S. much better.

New question please. Books has the feature to "add new entry" and the "rename this entry"
where the Commentary has "edit this commentary on this verse". May I ask, Why?
Don't get me wrong here I LOVE IT trying to really learn S.S. much better.
A commentary has one entry for each verse of the Bible. The names of the entries are implicit.

These links may be helpful:

Thank you.

Back