Commentary on Hebrews by Arthur W. Pink

Regie

I've completed it. It has a ton or so references. If you find any bad links or references, especially references to other Pink works or to Calvin's Institutes please let me know so I can correct them.

Also, I noticed a few days ago that there are a couple of no good ss5 files on:

http://salvationbygracealone.com/broregie/SS5Only/

If anyone finds those would you please let me know which ones they are or let me know if you cannot download something from there and I'll work with you somehow to get it to you. A direct link should be:

http://salvationbygracealone.com/broregie/SS5Only/Heb-Pink.ss5cmty

MGB,
Regie

I've completed it. It has a ton or so references. If you find any bad links or references, especially references to other Pink works or to Calvin's Institutes please let me know so I can correct them.

Hi Regie. This is great, thanks for doing it. I haven't noticed any bad links yet, but I did find a couple other very nit-picky things if you wanted to know. The entries for Heb 2:9, 11, and 14 all have a different font type and size then the rest of the commentary. And a number of the verse references in entries for chapters 1 and 2 have either a missing paren or an extra paren.

Just thought those might be things you want to clean up in your next version.

Dear Jerry,

Yes sir, I do want to know ALL the nit-picky stuff. :) Thanks much for letting me know about it. If you would just email me at rrhodes@midsouth.rr.com when and as you can whenever you find things.

Font size and types do not bother me as long as it is readable. Bro. LeRoy even discovered that he can take something from his web pages and copy it into SwordSearcher and SS preserves the original fonts, etc - even Greek and Hebrew. It seems that you have to have those fonts on your comptuer for that to work - such as the Koine greek fonts but he or I can get those if anyone needs them.

Thanks much again Jerry.

MGB,
Regie

Thank you, Bro. Regie

God bless
Bro. Mike

Bro. LeRoy even discovered that he can take something from his web pages and copy it into SwordSearcher and SS preserves the original fonts, etc - even Greek and Hebrew. It seems that you have to have those fonts on your comptuer for that to work - such as the Koine greek fonts but he or I can get those if anyone needs them.

I'm wondering if the fonts that come with SS-5 is sufficient?

Or do fonts come with it? Honestly I don't know because I had several different Greek and Hebrew fonts on w/o SS.

Or do fonts come with it?

The only font SwordSearcher installs is a "Basic Hebrew" font used to display the Hebrew characters in Strong's definitions. Strong's Greek words are displayed with the Windows Symbol font.

There are different mappings and encodings that a document may use. There are 8-bit fonts that have different character positions than the Basic Hebrew and Symbol fonts, there are also documents that use Unicode. (Some of the SwordSearcher books and commentaries use the Arial Unicode Greek and Hebrew characters, some use Symbol and Basic Hebrew.)

It's all very confusing. :) But the bottom line is that the user editor is capable of handling pasted text from any HTML source and retains the font selection of the pasted text, which makes things easy all-around. The only concern may be that if you are distributing a SS module that utilizes a non-standard font, you should also provide potential users with a link where they can obtain the font.

This isn't actually an answer to your question for Regie, but might be useful information nonetheless.

The only font SwordSearcher installs is a "Basic Hebrew" font used to display the Hebrew characters in Strong's definitions. Strong's Greek words are displayed with the Windows Symbol font.

There are different mappings and encodings that a document may use. There are 8-bit fonts that have different character positions than the Basic Hebrew and Symbol fonts, there are also documents that use Unicode. (Some of the SwordSearcher books and commentaries use the Arial Unicode Greek and Hebrew characters, some use Symbol and Basic Hebrew.)

It's all very confusing. :) But the bottom line is that the user editor is capable of handling pasted text from any HTML source and retains the font selection of the pasted text, which makes things easy all-around. The only concern may be that if you are distributing a SS module that utilizes a non-standard font, you should also provide potential users with a link where they can obtain the font.

This isn't actually an answer to your question for Regie, but might be useful information nonetheless.

Helpful. Thanks.

Back