Comments on the exact verse

Regie

Is there a way to do a search for a verse and get results for ONLY that one verse? For instance, I just did a search for John 1:3 and I got results on everything it was contained in, even John 1 if I remember correctly. While some of those things may contain some thought you like, etc. it sure does take a lot of digging to get what is connected with John 1:3 in it. I would like things more direct - things that comment upon ONLY John 3. Help!

I'm not sure what you're searching for, but if you use quotation marks around the reference, i.e., "John 1:3", in the full library search, it will only bring up results for modules that reference John 1:3. Is this what you're wanting?

Did you try the Topic and Verse guide for Joh 1:3?
1675170849552.png

Is there a way to do a search for a verse and get results for ONLY that one verse? For instance, I just did a search for John 1:3 and I got results on everything it was contained in, even John 1 if I remember correctly. While some of those things may contain some thought you like, etc. it sure does take a lot of digging to get what is connected with John 1:3 in it. I would like things more direct - things that comment upon ONLY John 3. Help!
If you want a list of commentary entries on one verse, the Topic Guide is probably the quickest way. See Bill's screen shot.

I'm not sure what you're searching for, but if you use quotation marks around the reference, i.e., "John 1:3", in the full library search, it will only bring up results for modules that reference John 1:3. Is this what you're wanting?
For what I am seeking, yours is the reply I needed. The only problem I have seen for the search for John 1:3 is that I get also 1 John 1:3. Thanks much to you and the others for replying. MGB.

Back