Companion Bible

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Information about the Companion Bible has been added to the SwordSearcher web site. The Companion Bible is new to the library in version 6.1.

Excellent stuff Brandon!

Although controversial in many respects, Bullinger's analysis of figures of speech in the Scriptures are superb. I can now see me using Swordsearcher almost as much as I use my Bibleworks (I love my Bibleworks by the way).

One question: I don't see Bullinger's identification of "Divisions" "Alternations" and "Introversions". Did they have to be sacrificed to get what we have in the program? or am I just not doing something right? They are not always helpful in analyzing the text, but sometimes he had it nailed pretty accurately. If they are not there, it does not detract from what you have done. I have the Bible close at hand in any case.

Thank you for your service to the Church.

Looking at the comments for Genesis 1:1 You should see them, for example.

I do know that some of the minutia has not been retained in this digital edition. The special formatting of the alternations/etc has not been retained due to the nature of the text and OCR.

One other thing is that Appendix 50 is not currently retained. I have two different printings of this appendix and neither one of them is suitable for scanning or conversion to digital text.

As for Bullinger's "controversial doctrines," the reality is that most of them don't get a hearing in the Companion Bible.

Glad you like the addition.

Brandon:

I got it, the divisions are at the beginning of each book. Thank you for pointing that out.

Again, thank you for the addition. I will use it alot in my studies. I believe it is one of the best study Bibles available, particularly for preachers.

Back