Copy paste issues

16av11.com

Ive been using 7.2 for years with win7 and just recently moved to a new win10 machine installed 8.3 and the copy paste doesnt work. If I click to copy this verse to the clipboard multiple times open office it will show in a colored icon top of page copied but if I click again or too many times it losses the copy. Any help or can I go back to v7.2?
Thanks

I would be happy to try to help. I am not aware of any copy and paste problems with the current version of SwordSearcher and MS Office, which I am also using. Just now I performed some testing, just in case a recent Office update changed something, and it is working as expected.

Can you try pasting into something else, like Notepad, to see if that works?

I would like to try to get a clearer picture of how you are copying and pasting. I can't imagine downgrading to SwordSearcher 7.2 would make any difference. I don't understand what this means:

it will show in a colored icon top of page copied but if I click again or too many times it losses the copy

I don't understand that. Can you re-phrase it, or perhaps post a screen shot of what you are trying to describe? You can use the Windows snipping tool to take a screen shot.

Iam using openoffice.org

I used to be able to right click and paste the copied text into openoffice document. That option doesnt appear anymore unless I get lucky with a copy text multiple clicking. When I get a valid copy of the text the clip board will light up showing theres something to paste. It doesnt work unless I click copy multiple times.

I did notice that control+v does paste the copied text even if the clip board is not highlighted or inside the right click options. I dont know if its just a openoffice issue or it isnt working correctly with swordsearcher. The circled pic below should highling the clipbaord when I copy something. I just hit copy in swordsearcher and it didnt illuminate the clipboard.

I dont use webroot.

searcher.png

Last edited:
I did notice that control+v does paste the copied text even if the clip board is not highlighted or inside the right click options.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that if you copy text in SwordSearcher, you can paste it into your OpenOffice document by typing CTRL+V. That would indicate it's working fine, except that there is a bug in OpenOffice that isn't updating their toolbar to reflect the new content on the clipboard. I'm afraid that is entirely in OpenOffice and nothing I can do about their UI not updating. If you can press CTRL+V in any other applications and the verse pastes in, that means the text is successfully copying to the clipboard. You could verify this by clicking the copy widget in SwordSearcher and then trying to paste into something simple like WordPad or Notepad (both come with Windows). If it works, then we know for sure that SwordSearcher is doing its part correctly. Please let us know what you find.

Yes copy paste from swordsearcher to any other document works fine.

I went back to openoffice 4.1.5 and the problem has been resolved.

I hope this helps anyone else that may have this issue.
Thanks for the help.

I have had times occasionally (not every time) when I select text in SS and do ctrl-c and then go to paste using ctrl-v in an application (an editor or word processor) and nothing happens. I have to go back to SS and right click on the selection and use the menu to get it into the clipboard. It's usually in a book or commentary when this happens.

In Windows 10 you can use the Win-v key combination to see what's in the clipboard.

Back