Copy widget

RevTim

Beta Tester
@Brandon Staggs - Does "shift click" only work in the Bible window? I see the copy widget in the search window, but apparently shift click doesn't allow me to copy more than the one verse.

The specific option of copying a range of verses by shift-clicking the widget only applies in the Bible panel, mainly because it seemed confusing to me to offer it when the range of verses aren't usually visible from a Bible search, etc. Depending on your goal you may be able to do it though, by marking text across the verses you can see that you want copied and then right-clicking that. There is an option to copy the marked verses and it will use your verse copy preferences for it.

The specific option of copying a range of verses by shift-clicking the widget only applies in the Bible panel, mainly because it seemed confusing to me to offer it when the range of verses aren't usually visible from a Bible search, etc. Depending on your goal you may be able to do it though, by marking text across the verses you can see that you want copied and then right-clicking that. There is an option to copy the marked verses and it will use your verse copy preferences for it.
In this case I was simply trying to copy the verse I found and the next verse. I was hoping not to have to go to the Bible window to accomplish that since I had a verse there I wanted to keep at that moment. I will have to look at marking verses, but normally I am simply trying to find a verse / passage when I am planning out a message, so that probably won't help. I suppose it would be best for what I am trying to do to simply click the verse found in the search box so it appears in the Bible box. I do use bookmarks extensively so I can easily always go back to where I was. I doubt there would be high demand for the shift-clicking option in the search box anyway. Thanks for the reply.

In this case I was simply trying to copy the verse I found and the next verse. I was hoping not to have to go to the Bible window to accomplish that since I had a verse there I wanted to keep at that moment. I will have to look at marking verses, but normally I am simply trying to find a verse / passage when I am planning out a message, so that probably won't help. I suppose it would be best for what I am trying to do to simply click the verse found in the search box so it appears in the Bible box. I do use bookmarks extensively so I can easily always go back to where I was. I doubt there would be high demand for the shift-clicking option in the search box anyway. Thanks for the reply.
Another option is to CTRL+Click the verse tag itself, to open the passage in a clone panel, from which you can do whatever you want and then close off that panel when you are done, without moving the Bible panel verse location.

Another option is to CTRL+Click the verse tag itself, to open the passage in a clone panel, from which you can do whatever you want and then close off that panel when you are done, without moving the Bible panel verse location.
I *will* keep that in mind, thanks

Oooooooooooooohhh... That is a nifty trick.

Back