Copying comments from one user created commentary module to another user created commentary module?

Regie

I've decided to change from about 5 user created commentary modules with various writers in each module, to individual user created modules for a bunch of writers.

I have tried it via Forge, which is very tedious IMO. So, lately, I have been copying via CTRL C and pasting into the new module with CTRL V - while it is slow, I am assured of more accuracy with less tediousness.

What I am wondering, is that maybe someone could create a tool that would perhaps streamline such a task. Can you do it Brandon Staggs, if you have time to do so?

Thanks to all,
Regie

Can you do it Brandon Staggs, if you have time to do so?
Sorry, that isn't something I am going to be able to work in any time soon. Also, the conceptual aspect of the tool is problematic. I don't know how I would write a tool that would automatically generate multiple outputs from a single input without your content having been specifically designed for that in the beginning (ie, how would it know where to put which paragraphs?) -- those things can be done but it would still require specific work on your part to format the source material in an exact way. I think copy-and-paste is going to be the only feasible solution.

Sorry, that isn't something I am going to be able to work in any time soon. Also, the conceptual aspect of the tool is problematic. I don't know how I would write a tool that would automatically generate multiple outputs from a single input without your content having been specifically designed for that in the beginning (ie, how would it know where to put which paragraphs?) -- those things can be done but it would still require specific work on your part to format the source material in an exact way. I think copy-and-paste is going to be the only feasible solution.
Thank you much. It is a slow go, but I am progressing onward with it. I guess the next time, I would do best to do it right the first time. :)

Regie

Back