Copying from SS into Microsoft Word 2003

Regie

When I do a "copy all" from a SS module and paste it into MS Word 2003, I do not get the hyperlink but instead get such as HYPERLINK "swordsearcher://verselist/ (I cannot type the whole link or it shows the link here on this forum)

Does anyone know how or what I need to do to solve this problem?

Try copying it as plain text. You can set that option in Preferences under Misc. Options, Advanced Clipboard. But by setting that, you lose all the other special formatting as well...

Here's something else: In Word, see if there's a button on the toolbar that says "remove hyperlink" when you rest the cursor on it. You might be able to highlight the hyperlink and click that button and get the original text.

Last edited:
When I do a "copy all" from a SS module and paste it into MS Word 2003, I do not get the hyperlink but instead get such as HYPERLINK "swordsearcher://verselist/ (I cannot type the whole link or it shows the link here on this forum)

Does anyone know how or what I need to do to solve this problem?

I have not seen that before. SwordSearcher just puts HTML on the clipboard. In my version of MS Word these appear as links as one would expect. I wonder (I do not know) if there is a setting in MS Word that affects this sort of thing.

I had a version of MS Word 10 (I think it was) but I downloaded it and due to a computer being replaced was never able to recover it. It would do like you mentioned but MS Word 2003 shows the links. I have a friend though who has 2003 but his show correctly. So I figure there surely must be a setting in MS Word 2003 that makes the difference - it's just that I never had been able to figure out what it is or how to correct it, even though I have searched the internet trying to find the answer.

The good thing is that I have found that I can copy from MS Word into OpenOffice and it appears fine.

Thanks much Brandon.

i am sorry as i use office 2010 and it pastes without issues............

i thought 2003 gave you options in "preferences" and is not there a preference setting in SS itself?

does it paste OK in open office? just curious........

Yes sir - it is fine when I use OpenOffice. Also, when I make any changes, etc. in MS Word 2003 and copy and paste them into OpenOffice, it looks fine. Thanks.

Back