Implemented! Counting instances of multiple words in Bible text

Jerry

Beta Tester
I wanted to find how many times this set of words found in KJV: Fast, Fasting,
Fasted.

The "Search Bible" option allowed me to search on all of the words, but only reported the number of verses (not the word count). The "Full Reference Search" showed me the exact count but only allowed me to search on one word at a time. Is there a way to have my cake and eat it too?

If not, maybe that is a small feature that could be added to a future version.

Thanks

-- Jerry

Currently, the report shows the number of verses returned from a search. A word count and other information will be included in a more detailed report option which is planned for a future update.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Brandon Staggs said:
Currently, the report shows the number of verses returned from a search. A word count and other information will be included in a more detailed report option which is planned for a future update.

Thanks,

-Brandon

Wouldn't typing "fast*" in the search engine be sufficient? Or am I simply not understanding, the hour of the day being what it is?

Pastor Tim

That's the correct way of searching for forms of "fast," but he's looking for an actual word could of the found words.

Brandon Staggs said:
That's the correct way of searching for forms of "fast," but he's looking for an actual word could of the found words.

Well, couldn't he get that now by searching each word as a case sensitive search?

It's perhaps the long way home, but wouldn't that be the solution he's looking for?

Pastor Tim

The problem comes in when a verse has the word more than once in it -- you can get a verse count, but not a word count.

This is something that I will be adding to a future release, though.

Brandon Staggs said:
The problem comes in when a verse has the word more than once in it -- you can get a verse count, but not a word count.

This is something that I will be adding to a future release, though.

Aha, quite so.

Blessings,
Pastor Tim

Back