Direct link to texts inside modules...

Regie

Brandon,

You still don't think you will ever have a means for creating a module and a person being able to link to another module such that it will bring up the other module at some precise point in it? It would be great IMO if it would link directly to the point and highlight the text linked to. For instance, a link to Gill's Commentary on Genesis 50:20 to this exact spot "to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive" and to have it highlight it in yellow. This could be a topic perhaps on "God's Deliverances" or "Providence of God" or something like that.

Thanks,
Regie

Well, there is a way to do it after all - I think I just discovered it. A person can create a module and have it search another module. So I can do it after all. If I can anyone should be able to. :)

MGB,
Regie

Brandon,

You still don't think you will ever have a means for creating a module and a person being able to link to another module such that it will bring up the other module at some precise point in it? It would be great IMO if it would link directly to the point and highlight the text linked to. For instance, a link to Gill's Commentary on Genesis 50:20 to this exact spot "to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive" and to have it highlight it in yellow. This could be a topic perhaps on "God's Deliverances" or "Providence of God" or something like that.

Thanks,
Regie

You may already know how to do it the tedious way but here's an example using the Koran.

You need to use the code editor feature.

When you want to link to another topic at a specific point, put can code like this. Note the pound sign.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<a href="swordsearcher://BOOK+KORAN/001 THE OPENING#1.6">OPEN KORAN TO SU 1:6</a>
</body>
</html>

Then in the resource to be linked to, you need named anchors like this. This is the topic called 001 THE OPENING. The above link will take you to 1.6

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<p>In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. </p>
<p><a name="1.1"></a>1.1: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. </p>
<p><a name="1.2"></a>1.2: The Beneficent, the Merciful. </p>
<p><a name="1.3"></a>1.3: Master of the Day of Judgment. </p>
<p><a name="1.4"></a>1.4: Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help. </p>
<p><a name="1.5"></a>1.5: Keep us on the right path. </p>
<p><a name="1.6"></a>1.6: The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray. </p>
<p></p>
</body>
</html>

Thanks much. I was able to do it using the Design mode, link to a bible search or link to a commentary search, etc. which in the code mode looked like this:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<p><a href="swordsearcher://search+KORAN/[q]day%20of%20judgment[q]">Day of Judgment in Koran 1:3</a> </p>
<p><a href="swordsearcher://search+Gill/[q]to%20bring%20to%20pass[q]">"to bring to pass" in Gill in Genesis 50:20</a></p>
<p><a href="swordsearcher://search+Calvin/[q]chains%20of%20guilt[q]">"chains of guilt" in Calvin on Genesis 50:20</a></p>
</body>
</html>

but like this in the Design mode:

Day of Judgment in Koran 1:3

"to bring to pass" in Gill in Genesis 50:20

"chains of guilt" in Calvin on Genesis 50:20

It highlights the search term when it comes up in the search window and then when I click to go to the entry in the commentary or book, etc.

That method is going to work fine for me I think.

Thanks much & MGB.

Back