Display of multiple verses?

Regie

Is there a way in version 6 to display lists of many verses all in one window and without the context of those verses? I hope that question makes sense.

A single verse with context is great IMO. Is there a way in PREFERENCES or elsewhere to set it up such that single verses can be with context but multiple verse references can be without context?

Thanks.

I think you're asking two different questions, so I'll give details for both.

You can load a list of verses into a verse list by going to Search > Display Verses. Enter a reference or multiple references and they will be loaded into a Verse List.

As to the second part: you can disable the pop-up content preview by going to File > Preferences > Misc. Options, and under "Pop-up verse text" un-check the "Use context preview..." option.

Thanks much Brandon. That last suggestion worked for what I had in mind. However this text in one of the modules did not work to display ALL of these verses in one pop-up window:

13c) The bold and faithful preaching of ministers

Isa 58:1; Ho 8:1; Joe 2:1

However when I copy and paste that into the Search, Scan Text For Verse References it will list them all together in one pop-up window.

Is there a way I can set it such that it will work that way inside already created modules?

Thanks much. I appreciate your help.

Thanks much Brandon. That last suggestion worked for what I had in mind. However this text in one of the modules did not work to display ALL of these verses in one pop-up window:

Ah, I see; I misunderstood what you were aiming for.

This is a global setting in File > Preferences > Text Display Options > Verse Hyperlinking Style. By default, consecutive verse references appear as individual verse links in the book and commentary panels. This is my strong recommendation and I really do not suggest changing this, as it really changes the "study flow" and how SwordSearcher responds to verse clicks.

But if you really want to, you can change this to "Multiple" style so that a list of consecutive verses appears as a single link, and clicking a verse link opens it/them in a verse list instead of in the Bible panel. I stress that this is a very unique way to handle verse links and I don't recommend this setting.

Also, if you are willing to get your hands dirty in the HTML of your user module, you can force a consecutive-link style hyperlink regardless of the preference setting by using the VERSELIST URL protocol. You'd need to build the link manually and the instructions for using the URL protocol are in the help file under Appendix: SwordSearcher URL Protocol. This may be exactly what you are looking for, but it is an advanced feature.

I had just discovered this when I see a message from you about how to do this. It's exactly what I was looking for. :)

You stated "I really do not suggest changing this, as it really changes the "study flow" and how SwordSearcher responds to verse clicks."

I really did not see what you meant by this "study flow" but noticed that it did not matter if I single clicked or double clicked on any one of the verses in the multiple listing but it brought up all of them in my lower left references window and the only way I could get the context is a single or double click in that lower references window. (edited - No, all I have to do is to mouse-over those verses in the references window and it brings up the context in the pop-up window)

Thanks again. IMHO you have the best of all bible software programs available no matter what their cost - though I have not tried out any of those expensive ones and likely never will for I don't expect any prize patrol to come by my house. :) MGB.

Back