Duplicate copies of modules

bookman11

I have Windows Vista 64 and I have backup copies in 2 or 3 places other than where it seems that the user created modules should go which I figure is C:\program files (x86)\SwordSearcher 5\Modules.

On some user created modules I have showing in the tabs as many as 5 or 6 or more copies of the same thing. When I go to the user menu and delete them, it will show that they are deleted until the next time I load up SwordSearcher.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this? Would having extra copies on my computer and/or other drives on my computer (even in the trash can) cause this?

Paul

User modules should be in your [Documents]\SwordSearcher User Modules\ folder.

Since you are using Vista, I wonder if there may be an issue with Virtualization -- do you run SwordSearcher with administrator privileges? (You should not -- it should be run only with normal permissions.) The only situation that I could envision causing the problem you describe is if user modules were created with administrative access but deleted with normal user access.

Additionally -- as for multiple copies: SwordSearcher does not look in your trash folder for modules, so it does not matter if they are there. SwordSearcher looks in the following locations for modules:

[Program Files]\SwordSearcher 5\Modules
[User Documents Folder]\SwordSearcher User Modules
[Program Files]\SwordSearcher 5\User

(The last location is for backwards compatibility.)

Back