Editable SwordSearcher Modules.....new group......

Regie

SwordSearcher modules that I make are editable.

If you create these modules that way then I propose a new group in which we can notify each other when we find a mistake in a work we have done or that another person has done. For instance, I've just created a module on "The Life of David" by A. W. Pink. It has a lot of places in which reference is made only to (v. 6) or that type verse. Some of these take some close scrutny to figure out what book and chapter he is referring to though most of them are referring to the current chapter he is dealing with.

My suggestion is that AS we read and study these works that we notify each other when we find something like that and we have found the right text for it. Then instead of just (v. 6) we reply that it is #1Samuel 20:6| for instance. Others can then make that change or wait until such time that the original creator of that module does a re-upload of it.

I have created such a group which you can join and use for your own stuff as well as mine if you wish. It is at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SSEMC/

Brandon if you had rather have such a thing here then I can cancel my group.

MGB,
Regie

Brandon if you had rather have such a thing here then I can cancel my group.

No, I think you've got the right idea. Thanks for the post!

My suggestion is that AS we read and study these works that we notify each other when we find something like that and we have found the right text for it. Then instead of just (v. 6) we reply that it is #1Samuel 20:6| for instance. Others can then make that change or wait until such time that the original creator of that module does a re-upload of it.

I have created such a group which you can join and use for your own stuff as well as mine if you wish. It is at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SSEMC/

This is a great idea. I wonder if it wouldn't be better as part of the forums here, though. There are some great benefits to centralizing information.

Regie & Brandon, how about just creating one new forum / thread here? Just a thought.

Regie & Brandon, how about just creating one new forum / thread here? Just a thought.

It's alright with me if someone starts a thread for reporting module errors to Regie (for his user-created modules), but it might get a little "noisy" here if people started making new threads for every typo they find. Either way is fine with me.

It's alright with me if someone starts a thread for reporting module errors to Regie (for his user-created modules), but it might get a little "noisy" here if people started making new threads for every typo they find. Either way is fine with me.

That is rather my thinking too. I'm afraid that such might really overload this board.

Remember, mine is for editable modules other than those which I create. However, I'll be happy with either or both places.

Regie

I might not have expressed my thought well. If on the main forum page, under "SwordSearcher Discussion" between "User-created Resources" and "Future" you could start a new category, something like "User-created module error reporting."

Then all the errors could be placed here, making the forum an even more useful resource to the whole SS community. This is already a centralized location for SS users who have an active interest (even though only a small percentage of registered users participate). But the more good reasons to utilize the forum (like encouraging the community to help improve user-created mods), the better, amen?

And, if I might be so bold as to suggest, perhaps since Regie is very active in creating mods, maybe he could moderate that particular new category? Not trying to "dump" work on him. Just suggesting that makes sense, and he's already offered to do that more or less via his Yahoo group.

For the record, I was glad to see Brandon create a "prayer" category, since I pushed for that for some time. And I believe I offered to moderate that if it would help (I've never believed in suggesting someone else do something if I wasn't willing to help or do my share).

I suppose it's not a big deal -- certainly doesn't seem to be to Brandon, which is fine -- but speaking for myself, I'd be more likely to post an error I come across here since I come here daily.

I might not have expressed my thought well. If on the main forum page, under "SwordSearcher Discussion" between "User-created Resources" and "Future" you could start a new category, something like "User-created module error reporting."

Then all the errors could be placed here, making the forum an even more useful resource to the whole SS community. This is already a centralized location for SS users who have an active interest (even though only a small percentage of registered users participate). But the more good reasons to utilize the forum (like encouraging the community to help improve user-created mods), the better, amen?

And, if I might be so bold as to suggest, perhaps since Regie is very active in creating mods, maybe he could moderate that particular new category? Not trying to "dump" work on him. Just suggesting that makes sense, and he's already offered to do that more or less via his Yahoo group.

For the record, I was glad to see Brandon create a "prayer" category, since I pushed for that for some time. And I believe I offered to moderate that if it would help (I've never believed in suggesting someone else do something if I wasn't willing to help or do my share).

I suppose it's not a big deal -- certainly doesn't seem to be to Brandon, which is fine -- but speaking for myself, I'd be more likely to post an error I come across here since I come here daily.
Sounds good to me if Brandon wants to create that new forum. I don't care about being moderator of it though. Are there others here who create editable modules or who would like to know about any errors in what they do create? It's impossible to correct an error if you don't know about it and I want to know mine so I can correct them. Sometimes it is rather difficult to find out just what book or chapter the writer really meant - especially if it is Pink. :)

MGB,
Regie

Sometimes it is rather difficult to find out just what book or chapter the writer really meant - especially if it is Pink. :)

Weren't any and all mistrakes in Pink's works predestined to be there?

KIDDING!

Weren't any and all mistrakes in Pink's works predestined to be there?

KIDDING!

I figure he thought so but I don't. If they were I probably added some more to them when I did the modules. :)

I've got a feeling you don't go along with the absolute stuff either. :) I rather think Calvin thought along the same lines but I still like to read Calvin's commentary and Institutes. I take the meat and spit out what looks like bones to me. :)

MGB,
Regie

I figure he thought so but I don't. If they were I probably added some more to them when I did the modules. :)

Those were predestined, too! :D

I've got a feeling you don't go along with the absolute stuff either. :) I rather think Calvin thought along the same lines but I still like to read Calvin's commentary and Institutes. I take the meat and spit out what looks like bones to me. :)

I think Calvin gets "credit" for some things he maybe really didn't set out to get credit for, if that makes sense. But yes, I would rather have more works to use in study, and allow God's Spirit to lead me, teach me and help me discern.

Blessings to you on helping make material available to us all!

Back