Implemented! Editing a note

wsbones

Beta Tester
It would be intuitive and useful (to me) when editing and saving a note on a Bible verse that the the commentary window would show the result of editing rather than the current commentary for the current verse.

This happens when I am listening to the Bible and decide to make a note on the verse being read which is generally not the "current" SS verse.

What I currently do is click the SS widget to make the verse current and then change commentaries if necessary to see the result.

I know we have had a discussion before about updating the current verse but maybe use of the audio feature would be an exception.

What you are requesting is actually the way it once worked, but this was changed because lots of users requested that the commentary panel not be changed to the edited material when they click save. :) If you are working on an entry and reviewing other commentaries while editing you probably wouldn't want them to go away when you save your changes. But clearly there are times when you would want it to show your updates...

I think a user preference option on this feature is warranted, and I'll add it to the to-do list.

What you are requesting is actually the way it once worked, but this was changed because lots of users requested that the commentary panel not be changed to the edited material when they click save. :) If you are working on an entry and reviewing other commentaries while editing you probably wouldn't want them to go away when you save your changes. But clearly there are times when you would want it to show your updates...

I think a user preference option on this feature is warranted, and I'll add it to the to-do list.

One would probably not want to change the current verse if editing a verse comment in the search result window using the shift key with the commentary widget.

Back