Editing

wsbones

Beta Tester
Would the ability to have multiple edit sessions open be useful to anyone. I'd like to be able to keep a journal edit session open but also be able to make a comment on a verse without having to close the current edit session.

Is that a possibility? It could be done by using notepad or an external editor and then pasting it before closing SS. Maybe there is a technical reason why it should not be done in SS (like compiling or sending of links to the editor).

Is that a possibility? It could be done by using notepad or an external editor and then pasting it before closing SS. Maybe there is a technical reason why it should not be done in SS (like compiling or sending of links to the editor).

There are technical reasons why only one edit window may be open at a time. It is of course true that any problem can be solved with enough work. If this request is made by enough users I would make it a priority.

I think having an external editor open is good enough for me. It was just a thought I had while I was working on a study. Thanks.

This seems to fit in with the desire to have personal margin notes, underlines and highlights in a Bible module... I made a 'margin notes' commentary module so that I can not only make, but also see if I have notes on a verse. Having two edits going at the same time would allow me to add margin notes while I'm editing a different module. The most helpful thing about having two edits open at once may be that you could add a quick side note without disrupting your original task or line of thought.

I hope that helps. :)

Actually, the scan tool makes a fairly decent second editor.

The explanatory text at the top of the scan text tool is truncated. Maybe a help button on the scan text tool bar could contain that text making more area available to notes. Also could resize limits be allowed to be smaller. My portable doesn't have much free "real estate".

EditPadLite is a very useful and small word processing program. I use it extensively. You can have many tabs open at once and easily go between them all. Perhaps something like this might be of use to you?

I happen to prefer an older version of the program, but if it's all new to you, you might like it very well.

The Lite version is free for personal use.

I use another program by Jan Goyvaerts (who develops EditPad) called RegexBuddy and it's a great application as well.

Thanks Tim,

It looks like a good text editor. I downloaded it and set it up to stay on top of other applications and occupy a small window. I was also surprised that it handles very large files. And it works with Ctrl-alt-v for pasting directly from SS.

Thanks Tim,

It looks like a good text editor. I downloaded it and set it up to stay on top of other applications and occupy a small window. I was also surprised that it handles very large files. And it works with Ctrl-alt-v for pasting directly from SS.

You would probably like some of his other programs, like the one Brandon mentioned. I don't use it, but I do know it's useful.

Back