Enhancement: Reference Pattern Search

Eric

Beta Tester
Have you ever seen a reference to a Bible verse, but you suspect there's a typo? I just ran into one. The commentator was speaking of "bones". He referenced Prov. 15:30 and 30:15. I can't find anything remotely related to "bones" in Prov. 30:15. I'm wondering if it's a typo, and maybe was in a different chapter. I wanted to find the 15th v. of every chapter of Proverbs and quickly scan them. I was able to use the "Fine every Nth verse of each chapter" and just ignore the 30th ones. But I wondered if a minor enhancement of including "Every" in the dropdown list for Chapters (under "Find references in each book matching Chapter:Verse") would be a good idea.

I also searched for "bone*" in Proverbs, but it didn't help me.

Just a thought.

Reference Pattern Search enhancement.png

Wouldn't that be done using the option above the one you highlighted? "Find the Nth verse of each chapter" after setting the Scope to Proverbs.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be done using the option above the one you highlighted? "Find the Nth verse of each chapter" after setting the Scope to Proverbs.

Well, yes, but then you get the 15th, 30th, 45th, 60th verses.

Ooops! You're absolutely correct, Bill! It was there all the time. I guess I got lost on the way :)

Back