Enoch

Johnny NL

Would it be a future possibility of having Enoch's book in SS8?
thanks

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have any plans to add this as an official module to the Deluxe library. Perhaps someone might find the text and make a user module for it.

Johnny NL

Thank you Sir... I know we had that topic before.... i just have few questions and references of my own, that's it.
Thank you for the quick fast answer. 😎

wsbones

Beta Tester
The translation I have is copyrighted so I can't post it. Sorry. Here's the description. There might be a non-copyrighted text file somewhere.

The Book of Enoch
translated from Ethiopic by Richard Laurence,
Start Publishing LLC

Copyright Β© 2012 by Start Publishing LLC

Last edited:

Johnny NL

thank you Sir.

Just in case someone wanders around here and thinks hey even the KJV believers use the book of Enoch... I want to go on record to state its a fake and don't you dare think for a second that it is missing from the KJV because of some conspiracy or mistake... It ain't in the Bible cuz it ain't Bible worthy... Here is a video question and answer by a KJV believer worth the few short minutes to view

Just in case someone wanders around here and thinks hey even the KJV believers use the book of Enoch... I want to go on record to state its a fake and don't you dare think for a second that it is missing from the KJV because of some conspiracy or mistake... It ain't in the Bible cuz it ain't Bible worthy... Here is a video question and answer by a KJV believer worth the few short minutes to view ]
Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible. So it has nothing to do with Noah. History starting in Genesis was not written down until the time of Moses.
So, the argument still stands about it having to have been on the ark if it was from before the flood. However, there was no written record of the Beginning until God told Moses so he could write it down. Moses came way after Noah and the flood (and the ark).

Agreed about "The Book of Enoch" as it is not a book in the Bible. Period.
That doesn't mean it isn't possibly another book with someone else's idea (other than Moses who was God's friend? hahahhahaha) about the beginnings of things. "Origin of Species" is as important/non-important as "The Book of Enoch".

But neither makes the grade for the Bible.

Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible. So it has nothing to do with Noah. History starting in Genesis was not written down until the time of Moses.
So, the argument still stands about it having to have been on the ark if it was from before the flood. However, there was no written record of the Beginning until God told Moses so he could write it down. Moses came way after Noah and the flood (and the ark).

Agreed about "The Book of Enoch" as it is not a book in the Bible. Period.
That doesn't mean it isn't possibly another book with someone else's idea (other than Moses who was God's friend? hahahhahaha) about the beginnings of things. "Origin of Species" is as important/non-important as "The Book of Enoch".

But neither makes the grade for the Bible.
OH... This background info will make it clearer that Genesis has obvious evidence that it was carried forward from written records.
Blessing to you

OH... This background info will make it clearer that Genesis has obvious evidence that it was carried forward from written records.
Blessing to you
Thank you. I appreciate that. Here are my notes from the video:

Chick Publications (ugh, not at all my favorite. But so what? I worked for PIP printing and that's nothing to brag about!)
So, moving right along:

A couple verses: [I am using NASB since it's the closest I can find to interlinear AND I can understand it better.]

Genesis 2:4
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven.

Genesis 5:1
This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.

Thesis: Maybe Noah took it on the ark?

Genesis 2:10-13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10 Now a river flowed out of Eden to water the garden; and from there it divided and became four rivers. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it flows around the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 The gold of that land is good; the bdellium and the onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it flows around the whole land of Cush.

The flood. ohhhhh! There it is! Present tense 'FLOWS'! Those aren't there. I've looked for them too. So who would know they were once there but are not there now? Gee, even the Egyptians, who Moses was raised by and given his schooling from, would know it's not there now. So this information would not, in and of itself, be found by the Egyptians who schooled Moses. Because the waters were not there anymore. So the only logical conclusion is that there were books before it, probably taken with Noah on the ark. Even if not him, shortly AFTER the flood as the people wondered where those rivers went! This would be all around that area!

Of course, my favorite concept is that God just told Moses and he wrote it all down. I mean 40 days, TWICE! That's 80 days alone on that mountain! What else is a guy to do? So my concept is more "convenient" perhaps for my brain, but I'm not sure of a scriptural backup and that is everything.

This explanation that you have offered makes quite a bit of sense! And it has scripture to show it. So I thank you very very much!