Exporting verse with footnotes

RevTim

Beta Tester
Brandon - I have lately taken to exporting verses with their footnotes (if any) into my teaching notes as I prepare a chapter for teaching.

Currently I am studying Mark 4. 2 verses which I imported are:
* Mark 4:21 And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a {The word in the original signifieth a less measure, as Mt. 5. 15.}bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
* Mark 4:29 But when the fruit is {Or, [ripe].}brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

Notice please that the footnote is inserted BEFORE the pertinent word. I was surprised by this, and find it quite annoying - about the only thing I have noticed in all the years I have been using the program that I really don't like.

Is there any chance the footnotes could be inserted AFTER the words they apply to?

And don't tell me this is already an option... I'll pass out... Thanks for the consideration, brother.

Is there any chance the footnotes could be inserted AFTER the words they apply to?
No, this is the standard placement of the footnotes in my printed Cambridge Cameo, and will not be changed. There is no way to change this automatically since the program does not know how many words the note applies to (it can be more than one). For example, Song 3:9, the marginal note is for "a chariot," not "a," so moving it over one word wouldn't help you. The data only includes the positioning before the word "a," not how many words it applies to.

I like it when footnote markers are before whatever they provide information on, esp. when related to translational things like alternative renderings. Then I know "going into" the phrase/clause that there is a note about it. If the footnote marker is after it all, I get to the end and realize, "Oh, there's a note on this" and have to go back to pay attention. Just a personal preference, though.

No, this is the standard placement of the footnotes in my printed Cambridge Cameo, and will not be changed. There is no way to change this automatically since the program does not know how many words the note applies to (it can be more than one). For example, Song 3:9, the marginal note is for "a chariot," not "a," so moving it over one word wouldn't help you. The data only includes the positioning before the word "a," not how many words it applies to.
Well, it was worth asking. Thanks as always.

Back