Failed Attempts with SSForge

Ken Sturgeon

I have an ebook that I converted to html using Calibre which leaves me with the file structure shown below.

1546350792840.png

I then tried the following:

1. I imported the index.html with Forge but that resulted in an empty ss5book file.
2. I then manually created a book module by following the instructions provided by Bill in a different thread (https://forums.swordsearcher.com/threads/how-do-i-link-to-images-in-user-module.3416/#post-19623).
3. Bill's instructions work fine but I wanted the book's drop down list populated with the table of contents entries. I added entries "$$ chapterName" just above the content of each chapter within the html and again imported the html into Forge but ended up with another empty book.
4. I put the manually created module from step 2 back in place.
5. Thinking that Forge did not like the format of the html generated by Calibre I went into Edit mode and copied the contents of the module from the Design tab rather than the Code window. I pasted the contents right back into the Editor's Design tab knowing that SS would generate suitable html.
6. I copied the source of the html rendered by SS and added the $$ chapterName entries in the appropriate locations.

1546354160965.png

7. I tried to import the new html file into SS but again ended up with an empty module.

At this point I'm clueless as to how to get a module out of Forge and the crazy part is that I have gotten it to work in the past. Any pointers that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Ken

Please zip and attach the file that you are feeding into Forge. I can't be helpful without seeing it.

Please zip and attach the file that you are feeding into Forge. I can't be helpful without seeing it.
Brandon, thanks for the offer to look at my source but I actually just got it to work. I'm not sure what I did differently and didn't save the older copies of the file. I now have a book with the drop down populated properly, now I just need to clean it up. Even though the user can navigate using the drop down I also want to include the TOC and the index. The index is currently one of the list items but the links in it don't work. That and some minor character clean up before I post it.

The module is "100 Bible Lessons" by Douglas Alban. I confess that I don't know much about him but his book is offered on the Bible Baptist Bookstore site and from what I've read it seems pretty solid.

Again, thanks for offering your help and for everything else.
Ken

Back