Finally after all these years....

Rev.

I have used SS since version 3. I just purchased the upgrade to 5.0 for my 4.3 version.

I have always wanted to thank you Brandon, what a quaility program for a very affordable price. This inner-city preacher thanks you!

BTW, using the upgrade from 4.3 to 5.0 gives me all of the features of the full 5.0 CD correct? :)

I have used SS since version 3. I just purchased the upgrade to 5.0 for my 4.3 version.

I have always wanted to thank you Brandon, what a quaility program for a very affordable price. This inner-city preacher thanks you!

BTW, using the upgrade from 4.3 to 5.0 gives me all of the features of the full 5.0 CD correct? :)

Rev, I hope you'll look around. There's a lot of user-created materials you can add on.

Yes sir, I will. I can't wait for my 5.0 upgrade disk to arrive :D

When it is here I will look into adding modules. In all this time I never once tried :shock:

Yes sir, I will. I can't wait for my 5.0 upgrade disk to arrive :D

When it is here I will look into adding modules. In all this time I never once tried :shock:

Well I'm sure you'll really be pleased with the new official works, and you'll probably like some of the user stuff, too. Obviously it's hard to know what you'll really like and what you might not cotton to theologically of user mods until you have them, but that's to be expected.

Would love to hear more about your church and work. Of course, we probably all should do a little bit of "official hiya-ing" in the coffee table forum. I guess we can do some of that via our profiles.

Yes sir, I will.

Nice church web site, by the way. Appreciate the link to BFT there. Maybe you can put a SwordSearcher link there, too? ;) Or even to Brandon's King James apologetics site. Well, just a thought...

Yes, that is correct.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for using SwordSearcher!

I have used SS since version 3. I just purchased the upgrade to 5.0 for my 4.3 version. ... :)

You're going to love SS 5, Rev! So many wonderful features! The Lord surely has blessed Brandon's work. :grin:

AMEN!!!, Rev

God Bless
Bro. Mike

Let's hear it for the NASB! Woohoo!

(Sorry, I had to do it.) :)

Let's hear it for the NASB!

You really use that ancient, outdated version??? With a new, more accurate, literal, and easier to read version coming out every week you're waaaaaaaaaay behind.

I prefer the NRTNMUAETFCNRMRDV120206 (The Newly Revised Today's New Modern Updated American English Twenety-first Century Northern Rocky Mountain Region Dialect Version update of December 2, 2006). :)

You really use that ancient, outdated version??? With a new, more accurate, literal, and easier to read version coming out every week you're waaaaaaaaaay behind.

I prefer the NRTNMUAETFCNRMRDV120206 (The Newly Revised Today's New Modern Updated American English Twenety-first Century Northern Rocky Mountain Region Dialect Version update of December 2, 2006). :)
And I pushed him off the bridge. :)

Regie LOL......

And I pushed him off the bridge. :)

That is a great joke. I've used it a couple times in a sermon or in Sunday School and everyone gets a big kick out of it.

That is a great joke. I've used it a couple times in a sermon or in Sunday School and everyone gets a big kick out of it.

Wow! I always thought it was a bit too long to use in a sermon, though I could see a time or two when it might work in SS. But I confess, while I love incorporating a joke when I can, that's a bit too long and detailed for me to simply remember. I would probably have to have it in front of me.

Wow! I always thought it was a bit too long to use in a sermon

Well, after they got the hang of how the joke was proceeding, I wouldn't repeat the entire phrase each time as it got longer and longer, just the last item. That shortened it considerably but still kept the same punch at the end.

Well, after they got the hang of how the joke was proceeding, I wouldn't repeat the entire phrase each time as it got longer and longer, just the last item. That shortened it considerably but still kept the same punch at the end.

Hmmm... yes...

Theological differences

Here's the condensed version.
------------------------------------------

I was walking across a bridge recently. I spied this guy who looked like he was ready to jump. So, I thought I'd try to stall him until the authorities showed up.

"Don't jump!" I said.

"Why not?" he said. "Nobody loves me."

"God loves you," I said. "You believe in God, don't you?"

"Yes, I believe in God," he said.

"Good," I said. "Are you Christian or Jewish?"

"Christian," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Protestant or Catholic?"

"Protestant," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "What kind of Protestant?"

"Baptist," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Independent Baptist or Southern Baptist?"

"Independent Baptist," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "New Evangelical/Moderate Baptist OR Conservative Independent Baptist?"

"Conservative Independent Baptist," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Calvinistic Elect OR Lose-Your-Salvation Armenian?"

"Calvinistic Elect" he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Dispensational Premillennial OR Historical Premillennial?"

"Dispensational Premillennial" he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Against Women Pastors OR For Women Pastors?"

"Against Women Pastors," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Unashamed Fundamentalist OR Strict Separation of Church and State?"

"Unashamed Fundamentalist," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "Pro-Disney Boycott OR Anti-Disney Boycott?"

"Pro-Disney Boycott," he said.

"Me, too!" I said. "King James Version of the Bible Only OR Modern Versions?"

"MODERN VERSIONS," he said.

"Auugghh!!! You heretic!" I said. And I pushed him over.

The moral of the story is that there was a guy pretending to be a Christian but in reality was bent on his own destruction (after all, how many real Chrsitians do you know who would have, or act on, suicidal thoughts?).

After he jumped his peers blamed his death on conservative fundamentalists and rewrote the story, just as liberals in society today blame their ills on conservatives.

How's that for an interpretation? :)

Back