Former Caregiver - Need Prayer

NJLION

In 2009 my beloved mother went to be with the Lord. By God's enablement I took care of her during her lengthy illness. During the time that I cared for her, I rarely got out of the house except for work and grocery shopping. As you can imagine, her homegoing was quite an adjustment for me.

I have been faithfully attending and getting involved in a wonderful little Baptist Church since my mom's passing, but I am still struggling with many adjustments and emotions. One of the toughest adjustments is what we often refer to as the "social graces". I'm still adjusting to having a social life again, and so from time to time I make misteps.

For those of you who may understand or have experienced this kind of life change, I would greatly appreciate your prayers.

The Lord Bless you,

NJLION

marty

Beta Tester
I have prayed for comfort and guidance for you. :)

TerriP

In 2009 my beloved mother went to be with the Lord. By God's enablement I took care of her during her lengthy illness. During the time that I cared for her, I rarely got out of the house except for work and grocery shopping. As you can imagine, her homegoing was quite an adjustment for me... I'm still adjusting to having a social life again, and so from time to time I make misteps.QUOTE]

First of all I must say bless your dear heart and on behalf of moms everywhere I thank you for what you did for your mom.

Secondly I hope these Words help you in your new fellowships and as you reach out and make new friends.

Psalm 17:3
Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Proverbs 12:18
... but the tongue of the wise is health.

Proverbs 12:22
... but they that deal truly are his delight.

Proverbs 15:2
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright...

Proverbs 15:4
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life...

Proverbs 15:26
... but the words of the pure are pleasant words.

Proverbs 16:23-24
23 The heart of the wise teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips. 24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

Proverbs 21:23
Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Proverbs 23:16
Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.

Proverbs 25:11
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Ecclesiastes 10:12
The words of a wise man's mouth are gracious...

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Above all, train yourself to, before you speak, ask the Holy Spirit to lead and guide you in all conversation. Meditate on these Scriptures, even if you do not believe them to be applicable to your need right now, it is important to have them all in your spirit.

Listen I know exactly where you are coming from. The only way to get there is through His Word, I assure you, this is the Truth.

I speak peace to you, dear friend in Christ. There is a YOU in there that is shining like a beacon. That light is the Christ in you and you abiding in Him. This will work out, I promise. Trust HIM.

Shalom

Terri P.

marty

Beta Tester
Happy new year, Paul! :)

And everyone else, too!!! :D