Gill Commentary

Regie

Hello,

Whether I will keep it or not, I have set a goal to try to read through Gill's NT Commentary this year. About 6 pages per day from his commentary should do it. I only have to use the actual books to more accurately divide it all up into about 355 (late start for the year) equal parts.

I want to read what I want to read as I go and not be limited to what I can read and study and doing thus I have decided to create my own Gill commentary so I can keep up with what I have read and to correct errors as I go. Is there a copyright wherein it would be illegal to make our own copy and/or to distribute it to others? Also, is anyone else interested in reading Gill's commentary this year? Maybe 2 or more people might be interested in dividing up the Old Testament and reading through it. If so, perhaps we can notice carefully as we read and correct errors in mis-spelling as we go. Is there anyone else interested in doing this error correcting and can we come up with some method wherein one person can co-ordinate the work that we all do and put it into one big corrected module maybe at the end of the year?

Usually when I suggest something (at my church anyway) :) I get the final job but I am hoping that due to being an old man that someone else will do it. :)

Maybe we can develop a place here or somewhere else so we can keep up with what each has read and corrected as we go and thereby avoid duplicate work.

MGB,
Regie

Back