Greetings! I have a question about back up of the program.

Bob A.

I was so glad to find out about this software. I have logos and have spent more than I wanted for what amounts to a ton of bloatware (filler books, etc) and a heavy emphasis on a view of salvation that I do not believe is correct. (no offense to anyone). Anyway, SwordSearcher is amazing. I am only scratching the surface on learning it's features, but already by buying the deluxe version I have had fruitful Bible study. Now the only reason I will be using Logos is for my John Phillips commentary set that I purchased. If only I could bring them over to SwordSearcher lol.

Well, the reason I posted was to say HI and to ask how to back up the program, modules, notes, layout, etc If my PC crashes, I would like to be able to restore everything and I especially do not want to lose the notes, etc that I will be adding to it.

I did read the manual and looked around the forum, but I did not find the subject or instructions on how to do this. I have cognitive issues (4 concussions over my life). Can someone please give me easy to understand instructions for this, please? I would really appreciate it.

Happy Resurrection Day and God bless you.

-Bob

OH, and can SS be run off a thumbdrive so that when I go to my parents to help with my ailing father, I can plug it into their computer to study with all my notes, etc?

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
You should save the setup files (assuming you buy it as a download and not a DVD) so that you can re-install in the future. But that isn't a problem; please see:

Your user-created content is stored in your user Documents folder. If you have backup software, it would usually include that location by default.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
OH, and can SS be run off a thumbdrive so that when I go to my parents to help with my ailing father, I can plug it into their computer to study with all my notes, etc?
No, there is no supported way to do that. It needs to be installed.

Johnny NL

Here is a little "moment of panic".... a "déjà vue" moment.....
Backup, Backup, Backup, on at least 2x different hardware, which one of them should be Fire Proof !
I am a GREAT promoter of BACKUPS !!!!
Am I not Sir?
Lolll. ;)
Be Blessed.