Has anyone else done this?

Regie

From time to time I discover something new about using SwordSearcher. For instance, if you have the Textus Receptus Greek version and you want to do a search on some Greek word, you highlight it and copy it and change the version to TR and search for it. It will bring up in your lower left window all occurrences of that word. I think even with the proper case, deflections, etc. and all that stuff that I have forgotten mostly.

Then if you want to compare it with the KJV or some other version just switch back to KJV or whatever in the upper left window and then click on the text in the lower left window and it will bring up the KJV or whatever version in the upper left window. Of course this all works this way if you have the default layout for your SS program.

Am I right about all this? Please let me know if I am not.

From time to time I discover something new about using SwordSearcher. For instance, if you have the Textus Receptus Greek version and you want to do a search on some Greek word, you highlight it and copy it and change the version to TR and search for it. It will bring up in your lower left window all occurrences of that word. I think even with the proper case, deflections, etc. and all that stuff that I have forgotten mostly.

Then if you want to compare it with the KJV or some other version just switch back to KJV or whatever in the upper left window and then click on the text in the lower left window and it will bring up the KJV or whatever version in the upper left window. Of course this all works this way if you have the default layout for your SS program.

Am I right about all this? Please let me know if I am not.

If you have the KJV set up as your compare version then the search window will show both the TR and KJV side by side when you search through the TR for a highlighted word.
---
I wonder why 2clicking on a greek or hebrew word in the TR does not bring up something in the topic and verse guide.

That's one way. Another way is to go to File > Preferences > Text Display Options and under Verse List Defaults set the Compare Version to KJV. This way, whenever you search a non-KJV text, it will always show the results in "compare mode" with the KJV.

Hey, I like that Brandon. I like it set to KJVSL - that makes it easier for me to determine which Greek word corresponds to the KJV word, also to see the deflection and I guess case, etc. and to see the Stongs Greek root word all at the same time. Like I say though I have forgotten most everything I ever learned about Greek which was only a little at the time.

Am I close to being right in my explanation?

MGB,
Regie

Hey, I like that Brandon. I like it set to KJVSL - that makes it easier for me to determine which Greek word corresponds to the KJV word, also to see the deflection and I guess case, etc. and to see the Stongs Greek root word all at the same time. Like I say though I have forgotten most everything I ever learned about Greek which was only a little at the time.

Am I close to being right in my explanation?

MGB,
Regie

Yes, the TR Bible module is a complete Greek New Testament -- it's all there. :)

Back