Help An ESword Guy

Steve54

Hello all and blessings from a new member. Though I am a member over at AV1611, I decided to venture over here to ask my question. The folks over at the other forum are after me to purchase Sword Searcher. I am currently a user and fan of ESword and was wondering if I might prevail upon any current Sworders who used to be ESworders. The folks over at AV1611 all state that I am going to be happy as a clam at high tide when I switch, but nobody was very specific, hence my foray into this venue. Can anyone give me some education in this arena?

In Jesus' Name...
Steve

I still use E-Sword for the ability to read STEP files. The other thing I like about E-Sword is highlighting of verses with background color.

You should probably download a trial copy of SS and explore the features. Also read about the features and try the video tutorials.

Here are a few of the big pluses for me:

It is much easier to create user resources for SS using only a text editor and Forge. HTML tags allow you to do advanced stuff like image maps and tables. The SS internal editor works well and facilitates linking stuff like pictures, searches, Strongs #, etc within a user topic or comment.

The automatic linking of all the library resources to each verse is BIG. The links show up right next to the verse for all books and commentaries that say anything about that verse.

The search capability is excellent and fast.

The Topic and Verse Guide make studying a subject or verse very easy.

Brandon is way more responsive to user input and problems than any other Bible software creator.

I could go on...

Thanks, Bill, and blessings on you today. Thank you for the response. I must say that the one thing you mentioned that pretty much cinches it for me is what you referred to as BIG. That linking of verses to the library...wow...what a monumental study aid that must be. It is hard to imagine...

I am still praying on it, as money is a bit tight, but since God is using the money somewhere else at the moment, my time will come when He is ready for me to have it.

In Christ...
Steve

Thanks, Bill, and blessings on you today. Thank you for the response. I must say that the one thing you mentioned that pretty much cinches it for me is what you referred to as BIG. That linking of verses to the library...wow...what a monumental study aid that must be. It is hard to imagine...

You can see this in action in this video. Also screenshots here and here.

The video above demonstrates the main window verse guide. The longer general overview video shows using margin links.

Hey Bandon...just checked the first video out this morning. Great stuff. I can see some things I am missing out on just using ESword.

Also, I checked a commentary...Matthew Henry maybe...and I noticed a difference in the language much like KJV/NKJV. Odd...

Blessings...
Steve

Well...it was done a couple hours ago. Is my cd in the mail yet???:p

Actually, I did notice that there is some pretty pricey stuff on the cd that isn't in the public domain and unavailable unless you delve into the coffers. The beauty of the system certainly seems to be the interaction between the actual Bible text and the available library assets. Seems to make the study much easier through not having to bounce around other tabs, windows, browsers, readers, etc.

So...Brandon...did I ask if you got that in the mail yet???:)

Blessings...
Steve

So...Brandon...did I ask if you got that in the mail yet???:)

:) It's going out this morning. You should have it Friday, or Saturday at the latest. Thanks!

So Steve, did you get it yet? :)

Well, the package arrived this afternoon and it just got installed. Couldn't dig in right away due to Saturday evening service and meal here at the Mission, then off to work for 4 hours, then back to the Mission to do the pre-Sunday chores, and I am ready to go for a test drive! And finally the really interesting thing about today...:shock:...

1-Woke up this morning and instead of what I have been reading in the Bible God had me read Matt 5-7.

2-The sermon at service tonight was based on Matt 5-7...I had no idea...

3-After installing, Swordsearcher opened up on Matt 5.2...I really had no idea...

:eek:

What am I being told?

Blessings...
Steve

Checking in after a 1 hour jaunt with the program...:eek:...WOW!!!

I need some sleep.

1Ch 29:12 Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
1Ch 29:13 Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.

Blessings...
Steve

You really ought to learn how to express yourself better... ;)

Welcome!

Careful what ya wish for, buddy...I'm a musician!!!;)

So...a quick review of the SwordSearcher program. I have been amazed at what Bill originally posted regarding the fact that everything ties together. I have downloaded and installed a couple extra modules to see how that went. The self installing programs were just that, and the zip files were a day at the beach. Easy stuff.

Nothing truly deep, as things at the Mission have been busy as they usually are on weekends, so I will be more in depth this coming week through watching the videos, trial and error, and just plain having fun with God and His Word.

Have I said WOW yet???

WOW...:eek:

1Sa 2:7
The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up.
1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Blessings...
Steve

One of my favorite things about SwordSearcher is that when I create a user module I don't have to be so concerned about just how I list book references. If I don't know the abbreviation of a book I just type in the whole word and it formats it properly for me. I can type pr 1:3, pro 1:3 or proverbs 1:3 and it will show all of them as Pr 1:3 - even capitalizing it for me. The program also will find every occurrence of Proverbs 1:3 no matter how it is embedded inside anything anywhere. It will find it in a reference of Proverbs 1:2-8 or even a search for Proverbs 1. I know of no other program that will do that. Also, now that Brandon has created this "Scan text for verse references" in my estimation SwordSearcher has far outdone all other programs.

MGB,
Regie

Hello all and blessings from a new member. Though I am a member over at AV1611, I decided to venture over here to ask my question. The folks over at the other forum are after me to purchase Sword Searcher. I am currently a user and fan of ESword and was wondering if I might prevail upon any current Sworders who used to be ESworders. The folks over at AV1611 all state that I am going to be happy as a clam at high tide when I switch, but nobody was very specific, hence my foray into this venue. Can anyone give me some education in this arena?

In Jesus' Name...
Steve

Thanks for the help so far, folks. This is an amazing program. I have nothing short of the highest praise for it so far. The fact that everything ties together is, again, amazing.

So, Brandon...when do we get e screenssaver like they have for ESword?;)

Steve, we have Daily Bible and Prayer and Get 'em Done programs. There are others... at least there were. I haven't checked to see what else is available for a while. :D

Steve, we have Daily Bible and Prayer and Get 'em Done programs. There are others... at least there were. I haven't checked to see what else is available for a while. :D

Thanks, Marty and Regie...this rocks!!! I just discovered and started dabbling around with the possibilities of the "Steve Commentary"...:shock::eek::roll:

I have really enjoyed the fact that our flealess leader...oops, I mean fearless. Sorry, Brandon;)...has included Thompson Chain Links, which is my main Bible (large print, leather, indexed...a footbreaker!!!). What a great thing for us TCR users. Kudos to Brandon. While my TCR is always at hand, this makes for a quick reliable tool for those of us who are dedicated to Dr. Thompson's "style" of reference.

You're going to love this program, Steve! There are just so many nifty things that it can do! God blessed Brandon and it trickled down to US! It just gets better and better! :cool:

You're going to love this program, Steve! There are just so many nifty things that it can do! God blessed Brandon and it trickled down to US! It just gets better and better! :cool:

AMEN...thank you, Jesus.

Well, I have returned after 20 days of using the SS program. Here's what I think...

:D

If anyone out there thinks the free version is amazing (me), this program is astounding. I have downloaded about everything out there that caught my eye and can't wait for more.

Sometimes the least said is the best said, so I will just say THANK YOU!!!

Back