Hey, Brandon...

RevTim

Beta Tester
Now that v.5 is out and fully functional, and I have imported all the user created works from 4 that I had, is there really a compelling reason to keep 4 on my system?

I know we've had a little discussion about why I keep v.3 on -- and I will continue to do so, though I must admit I often already have v.5 open, and just don't need to open v.3 BUT I still like the no frills speed (and nostalgia).

One sure thing which would like ween me off v.3 -- something else we've touched on in other posts -- an "across all apps" search shortcut, akin to the ctrl-alt-v cut & paste feature you now have.

I'll look forward to your opinion.

Now that v.5 is out and fully functional, and I have imported all the user created works from 4 that I had, is there really a compelling reason to keep 4 on my system?

No, I don't think so. Once you have all of your personal material imported into 5, there shouldn't be any need to keep 4 on your computer, and you can uninstall it.

Hi bro. Could you help an old man out by breaking down this module import thing. I have just d/loaded the new 5.0 you sent me and still have the 4.8 on also - after reading what you replied to bro. Tim about I wonder if I need to keep the older version on?

I have nothing personal within it? Please excuse my ignorance of all the tech. stuff.

Thanks & God bless,
Marty,

I have nothing personal within it? Please excuse my ignorance of all the tech. stuff.

If you don't have any personally created commentaries or books, there is no need to use the import function in 5.0. You can uninstall 4.8 if you no longer wish to have it on your computer.

Thanks for the info and I will continue w/5.0.

By the way, I have it all lined up like my old 4.8

Thanks,
Marty,

Back