How do I install these?

revman

I am new to this forum, been using SS for several years, tho.

When I use one of these user-created modules - what do I save it to on my computer, and then how do I get it into SS?

Billy N

I am new to this forum, been using SS for several years, tho.

When I use one of these user-created modules - what do I save it to on my computer, and then how do I get it into SS?

Billy N

Depends if it is a SS-4 or SS-5 mod.

If it is an SS-4 mod, put it somewhere you can find it (like "my docs" etc.) and then click "user" and use the "import" feature for SS-4x mods.

If it's an SS-5 mod (every one has "ss5" in the extension), just put it in the "modules" sub-folder of the SS-5 program folder.

I hope this is clear. If not, just ask about what you're not understanding. Blessings.

Hi revman and welcome to the forum.

Getting the files is a typical (should be) click on and download via your web browser. Some modules will be zipped and others not. Some mod will come with a readme file and others not.

So let us assume that you have downloaded the file and unzipped it if needed.

The next part of the issue is putting it in the right place. Using the drag and drop features of windows, take the file and put it into one of the following folders:

For SS version 4:
Copy the file to "C:/Program Files/SwordSearcher 4/user"
If this folder is not there, just make one
When SS opens, the resource will be there

For SS version 5
When you install SS5, there should be a folder created in your "My Documents" folder with the name of "SwordSearcher User Modules", put them there and when you start SS, they will be available.

Also, be careful that you use the right module version with the same SS version. Version 5 mods will not work in version 4. The filename for version 5 will look like: "filename.ss5book" or "filename.ss5cmty", where 4 will not designate the version numbers. Most version 4 mods will be importable into version 5 via the import function.

Hope this helps
God bless
Bro. Mike

I noticed that as well. Two great minds??

Or

Nah, I'll leave it at that ;)

God bless
Bro. Mike

That's the way I was looking at it too, from my perspective, of course :)

SEE!!!!!!

God bless
Bro. Mike

Back