Images

wsbones

Beta Tester
Any possibility in the future of having image "hotspots" where you could click on an area of the image and pop up a verse reference or open a commentary or book to a specific location ( i.e. an HREF link that SS could open).

For example I can picture a map of Paul's journeys that linked to the appropriate verses along the routes.

Just a thought.

I have an old version of Quickverse 4 that came with a Bible atlas that had those features. I still use it. It would be a nice capability to have integrated into SS.

Any possibility in the future of having image "hotspots" where you could click on an area of the image and pop up a verse reference or open a commentary or book to a specific location ( i.e. an HREF link that SS could open).

For example I can picture a map of Paul's journeys that linked to the appropriate verses along the routes.

Just a thought.

I have an old version of Quickverse 4 that came with a Bible atlas that had those features. I still use it. It would be a nice capability to have integrated into SS.

That would be helpful. My Life Application Bible is very helpful in that way.

At some point, I'd like to make image features more robust, but this isn't something that will be done any time soon. I added image support only because I wanted to be able to include the graphical portions of the dictionaries (what does this coin look like?, etc) and the charts from Larkin's book. Making images interactive would be nice at some point, but the focus of SwordSearcher is text-driven study so it's a back-burner thing.

Back