Incorporating Bible Versions

ishaknatan

Beta Tester
Hi Brandon,

I have 2 Indonesian modules in the e-Sword software (version 7).
The files have been created by Eschalon Setup Loader in .exe format.

How can I integrated in the SwordSearchers program?

Thanks,
Ishak

You won't be able to do that directly from the data files you have. If you could get the same text in the older format, you could use es2f to do the conversion, presuming this would be consistent with the license of the text.

Otherwise, you'll need to obtain the text and mark it up for Forge.

Isn't version 7 of E-Sword in the old access format? It's currently version 9.5.1

Forge for SwordSearcher, version 2.1.1.1
KJV Bible module file loaded (C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher 5\Modules\KJV.ss5bible).
Ready.
Loading text from C:\Program Files\e-Sword\itb.bbl
0 entries loaded.
Reading verses...
Old file renamed to C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher 5\TBaru.ss5bible.bak
Building Bible Module: Terjemahan Baru (TBaru)
Indexing words...
Indexing complete.
Verse text: 0 Unique words.
Creating target module file: C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher 5\TBaru.ss5bible
Writing verse text...
Writing Book names lists...
Writing word index lists...
Writing book verse index table...
Writing max chapter table...
Writing WordList index data...
Writing Verse Data Array...
Writing Header...
Done building Bible module.

Yet . . .
no biblical texts show up on the Bible pane, though it shows on the Tab.
Is there any step that I overlooked?

Ishak

I'm not an expert on using Forge, but it looks to me like your clue is in these lines:

0 entries loaded.

You need to convert the itb.bbl to plain text format - and then the verses have to be marked with Forge coding, etc. Brandon will confirm if this is correct...

What happens when you load the C:\Program Files\e-Sword\itb.bbl file into the Es2f converter? It should produce a .txt file that can go into Forge.

I converted a bbl format from version 7 and it produced a txt file. Then I read the resulting txt file into Forge. Forge produced the SSBible output file.

Woops, sorry, I had my version numbers mixed up.

You should take a look at the text file written out by es2f and see what's going on.

Hi everybody,
I'm still struggling . . .

Code:
What happens when you load the C:\Program Files\e-Sword\itb.bbl file into the Es2f converter? It should produce a .txt file that can go into Forge.
I converted a bbl format from version 7 and it produced a txt file. Then I read the resulting txt file into Forge. Forge produced the SSBible output file.

--------------
Converting file: "C:\Program Files\e-Sword\itb.bbl"
Opening Database.
FAILED TO OPEN DATABASE: Database is password protected.

========================
Done.

Code:
0 entries loaded.
You need to convert the itb.bbl to plain text format - and then the verses have to be marked with Forge coding, etc. Brandon will confirm if this is correct...

please show me the way . . . ;)

Ishak

You might be out of luck unless you can get the source file from someone. It sounds like it's copyrighted material.

Hi everybody,
I'm still struggling . . .

Code:
--------------
Converting file: "C:\Program Files\e-Sword\itb.bbl"
Opening Database.
FAILED TO OPEN DATABASE: Database is password protected.

========================
Done.

Code:
0 entries loaded.
please show me the way . . . ;)

Ishak

es2f will not circumvent password protection of MS Access database files. It will only import databases that do not have password protection.

If you haven't used Forge before, you might consider downloading the Bible text that wsbones has on his site and practice with that. You could take a look at the format, etc. and see what you need. Then compare your Bible text to the other one and maybe that will help.

Bill
My mind is getting 'rusty' . . .:mad:

please show me the way . . . :)

Thanks

ishak

Here's a link to a KJV Bible in text format. http://sites.google.com/site/wsbones/KJB-PCETXT.ZIP?attredirects=0

Download it and remember where you store it. You have to unzip the file and use the KJB-PCE.txt file. Then run Forge and use the "file to import" button to locate the .txt file. Specify Bible as the type of file. Type "none" into the module title and abbreviation since they are already specified in the file. Then click "Do Import".

Next time you open SS you should see PKJB on the Bible tab line.

Open the file, KJB-PCE.txt with an editor like Notepad and look at the format. The output of ES2F for your Bible should look like that.

I hope that helps. If your E-Sword Bible is password protected you will not be successful with ES2F.

My mind is getting 'rusty' . . .:mad:

please show me the way . . . :)

Thanks

ishak

Open the file, KJB-PCE.txt with an editor like Notepad and look at the format. The output of ES2F for your Bible should look like that.
I have done that :)

I have downloaded the text file from . . .
http://bibledatabase.org/bibles_indo.html

however es2f fails to recognize . . .
Converting file: "C:\Program Files\BibleDatabase\Modules\Bible\b_indonesian_baru.txt"
Opening Database.
FAILED TO OPEN DATABASE: "Unrecognized database format 'C:\Program Files\BibleDatabase\Modules\Bible\b_indonesian_baru.txt'"
========================
Done.

the Indonesian bible texts format looks like this . . .
http://ishaknatan.netfirms.com/Indo/b_indonesian_baru.txt
Now it is beyond my ability to convert it.

Anyway thank you all of your help and suggestions.

:)
Ishak

The second link you listed could be made into a SSBible using Forge but there are more than 31102 verses. That might be the problem. How can you map the verses to a standard KJV ?

I have downloaded the text file from . . .
http://bibledatabase.org/bibles_indo.html

however es2f fails to recognize . . .
Converting file: "C:\Program Files\BibleDatabase\Modules\Bible\b_indonesian_baru.txt"
Opening Database.
FAILED TO OPEN DATABASE: "Unrecognized database format 'C:\Program Files\BibleDatabase\Modules\Bible\b_indonesian_baru.txt'"
========================
Done.

es2f is only for converting unprotected MS Access databases in e-Sword format. It doesn't do anything with plain text files.

Have you looked at the documentation that comes with Forge? It explains the input format Forge requires in order to build modules.

I created a text file for input to forge. I ran it and produced a Bible that you can check out. Both files are in this zip file. Put the SSBible file in your SS user directory.

http://sites.google.com/site/wsbones...sian_baru3.zip
Thank you very very much Bill.
Now I have the Indonesian Bible version on SS.

Again thank you to Brandon, Marty for your help and suggestions.

Maranatha,
:)
Ishak

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Titus 2:13 dengan menantikan penggenapan pengharapan kita yang penuh bahagia dan penyataan kemuliaan Allah yang Mahabesar dan Juruselamat kita Yesus Kristus,

Back