Is it possible to have 2 or more Commentaries (or Books) open at the same time?

nchokas

Stumbled upon SS a couple months ago. Cannot believe I've gone this long without knowing about it!!! It's been a game-changer for my Bible study and putting messages together.

Anyways, my question is in the Title - Is it possible to have 2 or more Commentaries (or Books) open at the same time?

Like if I have a Commentary I always use (MHWBC), is it possible to always have it open/displayed/pinned, while also having another panel where I can view all the other Commentaries?

Same with the Books.

Thanks so much!

You cannot have the whole book open in a separate window, but you can very easily open a clone of the book or commentary entry into a new window. This video demonstrates:

(Note that as of SwordSearcher 9, the default behavior of clone panels is to be new top-level windows that don't dock, which is different from the default shown in this video. You can still get the behavior shown in the video in Preferences.)

And this part of the help file:

This is related (for cloning a Bible chapter from a verse link):

Basically a clone panel is a "one off" copy of what you see in the text panel. It will let you keep a commentary or dictionary entry open on your desktop permanently, until you close it or until you close SwordSearcher.

Last edited:
Stumbled upon SS a couple months ago. Cannot believe I've gone this long without knowing about it!!! It's been a game-changer for my Bible study and putting messages together.

Welcome to the absolute pleasure of getting to know the Word of God using the magnificent program that SS is ☺️ . Do enjoy the journey!!!

Back