Is SwordSearcher right for me?

di9girl

Hi folks, I'm new here. I haven't yet purchased SwordSearcher. I was looking at it and another much more expensive software, but I kept coming back to SwordSearcher especially as the latest e-mail update just landed in my Inbox!

I'm new to faith and in England. I appreciate there are many different forms of Christianity and being in England I'm leaning towards Anglican, although I don't know very much about it right now.

So my question is, will SwordSearcher still be useful to me? The "other" software has a package specifically for Anglican, but it's a ridiculous amount of money with even more expensive upgrades.

I think I just need a Bible, a concordance and maybe study guides as I go?

Johnny NL

Hi folks, I'm new here. I haven't yet purchased SwordSearcher. I was looking at it and another much more expensive software, but I kept coming back to SwordSearcher especially as the latest e-mail update just landed in my Inbox!

I'm new to faith and in England. I appreciate there are many different forms of Christianity and being in England I'm leaning towards Anglican, although I don't know very much about it right now.

So my question is, will SwordSearcher still be useful to me? The "other" software has a package specifically for Anglican, but it's a ridiculous amount of money with even more expensive upgrades.

As a long time user, SwordSearcher 8.4 is the next best thing after the word of GOD, King James 1611. (Just before the wheel....Loll)
All the features like "StudyClick" and others, get you to study,and bring knowledge into your Path/Faith, of the Gospel.
Just check few/all teaching videos, and you will see the "Endless" possibilities of "Learning" the WORD OF GOD.
PLUS, Mr.Staggs, the creator of SS8.4 is always available in the blog for questions. Also, there is a extremely nice community of "More" experienced bloggers than me, that are also always available for input/info/help.
I am NOT trying to sell you SS8.4, but I also have tried many others, and "YES", you will always come back to SwordSearcher. !!!
Be Blessed,..
2 Timothy 2:15 at its MAX !!!

Johnny NL

Johnny NL

Even after more than 10 years, I haven't been through the "FULL" extend of all books/commentaries.
It is an "Everyday" adventure...

SS8.4 2020.JPG

marty

Beta Tester

Welcome Sister! I don't know anything about Anglican as I'm simply a Born Again Christian, but I heartily recommend SwordSearcher for getting to know our Lord! I've been using SwordSearcher since it was a baby and it just keeps getting better and better. There's a free 30-day trial version here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/download.html, so you can test it for yourself. I do hope you'll give it a try - and join us here on the forum whenever you'd like, even if you decide on the 'other' software.

And Johnny NL is right, watch the videos https://www.swordsearcher.com/video/index.html to see some of the great features in SwordSearcher.

Johnny NL

Welcome Sister! I don't know anything about Anglican as I'm simply a Born Again Christian, but I heartily recommend SwordSearcher for getting to know our Lord! I've been using SwordSearcher since it was a baby and it just keeps getting better and better. There's a free 30-day trial version here: https://www.swordsearcher.com/download.html, so you can test it for yourself. I do hope you'll give it a try - and join us here on the forum whenever you'd like, even if you decide on the 'other' software.

And Johnny NL is right, watch the videos https://www.swordsearcher.com/video/index.html to see some of the great features in SwordSearcher.
That's RIGHT...... the 30 days free trial !!!!!!
INDeeeeeeeeeeeeeeD !!!

Eric

Beta Tester
I would say that SwordSearcher would probably more than meet your needs. The English-Strongs Indexer (ESI) will show you what the Hebrew or Greek words are behind every word in the Authorised Version (spelled with an "s" [oops, spelt, that way because you're in the U.K.].

I will say, though, that at the beginning of either searching for the Lord or having just recently been justified by faith in the blood of Christ, the best thing is a real good paper copy of the Authorised Version and the dedication to read it for yourself with an open and thirsty heart. Of course, a good church that preaches the Word is also essential. Then, I'd say, jump in to SwordSearcher, and you can dig deeper and deeper into the Word of God.

di9girl

Hi @Johnny NL, thank you :) I will take a look at the videos, I did watch a few when I first came across the software initially. I think you’re right because I do keep coming back to SwordSearcher.

Hi @marty, thank you for reply also! :) I think I will give the 30-day trial a go, that should give me plenty of time to explore the features. That other software doesn’t have some of the features that SwordSearcher does and, it’s a package thing, so there’s always going to be offers and promos to buy the next package up. That’s another upvote for SwordSearcher because it’s not like that.

Hi @Eric, thank you too! :) I do currently have a KJV paper/hardback Bible, a KJV study Bible and the same version in the YouVersion app. I read in the app daily and I’m currently on a first read-through of the notes in the study Bible. I like the fact that I can add any studies I find into SwordSearcher, as I have some I’ve found online or sent through other organisations that I would be able to type up into SwordSearcher. The “other” software didn’t seem to have that feature. Oh, I do attend a church, online as it’s in the States, a friend introduced me to it about 16 months ago. I’m a volunteer chat host too.

wsbones

Beta Tester
'm new to faith and in England. I appreciate there are many different forms of Christianity
I am glad you are here. May the Lord bless you in your pursuit.

There is really only one faith. (Ephesians 4:3-6). Everything else is tradition. Tradition is fine as long as it agrees with, or at least doesn't contradict the Scripture. The key is - "what does the Bible say".

SwordSearcher is excellent for listening, searching and comparing the Scriptures to find the Truth.

di9girl

I am glad you are here. May the Lord bless you in your pursuit.

There is really only one faith. (Ephesians 4:3-6). Everything else is tradition. Tradition is fine as long as it agrees with, or at least doesn't contradict the Scripture. The key is - "what does the Bible say".

SwordSearcher is excellent for listening, searching and comparing the Scriptures to find the Truth.
Hello Bill :) Thank you! Yes, I suppose you are right. As I said, I haven't really looked into Anglican but seeing as I'm in the UK and it seems to be "our" tradition as far as the Church of England I felt drawn to it. But absolutely, whatever the Bible says is going to be correct.

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
Hi di9girl, welcome to the family of Christ and may the Holy Spirit guide you into all truth and may you ALWAYS desire and love the truth. The others have well said it all :)

RevTim

Beta Tester

First, Welcome!

Second, I have been with SwordSearcher since version 3. It has been wonderful to see how it has grown, expanded, and improved. You will find that Brandon (Staggs), the creator, is a firm Bible believer, a very talented software producer, and a good brother in the Lord.

He is also VERY responsive to user questions, concerns, suggestions and other imput.

You'll find the Basic program good, but buying a CD is a great investment. The amount of resources that come with it is amazing, and would be a decent library for a pastor (which I am), but when you consider the current (and ever growing) user made materials, it's a tremendous value.

And, who knows, maybe one day we'll be able to download a book or commentary YOU create - because, yes you can. It's part of the program.

You can also create a Bible reading list, you can link Bible audio files so that you can listen which you read. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The search feature is blazing fast, and all the resources are integrated. Most resources are just one click away, and of course, you can personalize it in many different ways.

SwordSearcher is a great program, and you'll never regret getting it. In fact, once you get familiar with it, you'll wonder how Paul did without it! (Kidding!!)

There are a lot of users on here who are also ready to help. And Brandon is always willing to resopnd to your requests.

I hope you'll choose to go forward with it!

di9girl

First, Welcome!

Second, I have been with SwordSearcher since version 3. It has been wonderful to see how it has grown, expanded, and improved. You will find that Brandon (Staggs), the creator, is a firm Bible believer, a very talented software producer, and a good brother in the Lord.

He is also VERY responsive to user questions, concerns, suggestions and other imput.

You'll find the Basic program good, but buying a CD is a great investment. The amount of resources that come with it is amazing, and would be a decent library for a pastor (which I am), but when you consider the current (and ever growing) user made materials, it's a tremendous value.

And, who knows, maybe one day we'll be able to download a book or commentary YOU create - because, yes you can. It's part of the program.

You can also create a Bible reading list, you can link Bible audio files so that you can listen which you read. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

The search feature is blazing fast, and all the resources are integrated. Most resources are just one click away, and of course, you can personalize it in many different ways.

SwordSearcher is a great program, and you'll never regret getting it. In fact, once you get familiar with it, you'll wonder how Paul did without it! (Kidding!!)

There are a lot of users on here who are also ready to help. And Brandon is always willing to resopnd to your requests.

I hope you'll choose to go forward with it!
Hello Tim, sorry for the delayed reply.

Gosh, I don't know if I'll ever create something for it, lol. I'd be afraid I was copying someone else. I've seen some great plans out there, mostly on Pinterest that I plan on copying into it, but they'd never be my own. I'd be using it along studies I have saved up (PDF files and a couple of books).

I am quite encouraged by the vast amount of materials I've read about and seen in the videos I've watched. There were a couple of websites I saw that had material that are downloadable into SwordSearcher too.

RevTim

Beta Tester
Gosh, I don't know if I'll ever create something for it, lol. I'd be afraid I was copying someone else. I've seen some great plans out there, mostly on Pinterest that I plan on copying into it, but they'd never be my own. I'd be using it along studies I have saved up (PDF files and a couple of books).

I am quite encouraged by the vast amount of materials I've read about and seen in the videos I've watched. There were a couple of websites I saw that had material that are downloadable into SwordSearcher too.
Well, even if you only create your own book or commentary, for your own use only, it's very easy to do. You could create a book and cut & paste into entries in that.

The forum has a link to user made d/l material. The Deluxe version has a lot, but what can be added is that much more. You won't want for resources!