Judgment of God

wsbones

Beta Tester
I was thinking of the state of our country, the government, cancel culture, sex madness, anarchists, divisions, etc.

It's hard to watch the news without getting sad and angry.

While reading in Romans, I came across the phrase, judgment of God, and did a phrase search. Only five occurrences in the Bible although the concept is everywhere.

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
unrighteousness
fornication
wickedness
covetousness
maliciousness
full of envy
murder
debate
deceit
malignity
whisperers
backbiters
haters of God
despiteful
proud
boasters
inventors of evil things
disobedient to parents
without understanding
covenantbreakers
without natural affection
implacable
unmerciful

Rom 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? (hypocrisy)

Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

2Th 1:5 [fruitfulness] Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Johnny NL

It is sad indeed!

marty

Beta Tester
I was thinking of the state of our country, the government, cancel culture, sex madness, anarchists, divisions, etc.

It's hard to watch the news without getting sad and angry.

While reading in Romans, I came across the phrase, judgment of God, and did a phrase search. Only five occurrences in the Bible although the concept is everywhere.
I agree - the whole world is in chaos. The news, whether it's fake news or real news, is so disturbing that finding a balance between keeping up with what's going on and not freaking out is tough. Watching and hearing the news is like an assault. Keeping focused on our Lord and His word is the only way I can get through it. Listening to Dr. McGee's commentary has been very settling and helpful. And this forum... thanks for being here, brothers and sisters!

I did a proximity search for 1) gird and 2) loins - I need to do that, "gird my loins." It returned 9 verse ranges:
2Ki 4:29; 2Ki 9:1; Job 38:3; Job 40:7; Isa 32:11; Jer 1:17; Eze 44:18; Lu 12:35-37; 1Pe 1:13

John 14:27 (KJV) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Truckerboy

Thanks for your post, Mr Bones. I have long been outspoken on social media about our Government's actions here in the UK, even before the pandemic hit the world. I admit I sometimes shared other people's posts where the language was not as wholesome as it should have been, and have made suitable adjustments. But it seems to even suggest shortcomings in our politicians behaviour is somehow ungodly.

Government policy in this country has resulted in record levels of poverty, record numbers of children living in poverty, huge increases in homelessness, exponential rises in the use of foodbanks, this in the 6th richest nation in the world. They employed austerity measures allegedly to pay off the national debt by cutting public spending - cuts which hit the poorest, most vulnerable people rally hard. There have been over 120,000 deaths directly attributed to austerity measures, along with a corresponding increase in suicides. All this to pay off the national debt, while that debt has actually trebled over the ten years of austerity. Out of our entire political system, there has only been one person in the public eye who is honest and of integrity, Jeremy Corbyn. He could have been Prime Minister, and thought not ideal because not all of his policies would allow him to become a pastor. But because he challenged the establishment, they ran the most aggressive campaign against a single politician, with lies, deceit and insult, and it ran over several years. They even admit to doing it, but it was successful because he is now out of the running, and we have an extreme right wing Government (whether right wing means the same in the US as it does in the UK I am not sure). All this is before we even think of the horrors of how they have responded to the pandemic, with all manner of atrocities and corruption going on. We are effectively in a dictatorship!

The first time my social media activity was questioned it was used to silence me after I had challenged the church's shift towards the Rick Warren Purpose Driven paradigm. This time I have been sidelined because they are now embarking on the contemplative prayer route, which will lead to Biblical disaster - they have just announced a course in Lectio Divina, which will now go unchallenged.

How much of God's judgement comes on a nation because the church has gone into error? I don't know about the US, but here in the UK very few people are prepared to stand up for Biblical integrity, and those who do get shot at very quickly. Now I am not advocating political involvement, because a nation can only be changed as individual's hearts are changed by the Gospel, but what judgement is on the church for her refusal to be the salt and light which this world desperately needs?