Keeping the place where I left off in books and commentaries

Rokas

Hi,

I'm not sure this was suggested before, but it would be great if the place where I leave off would be remembered, when switching between commentaries or books/dictionaries.

Right now, if let's say I am reading a commentary, and am halfway through, and switch to another commentary, when I come back to the previous one, it's again set to the beginning, and not where I left off. So I have to scroll down and look for the place where I stopped reading.

Or, another example, I have "Harmonies" open, to harmony of the gospels, somewhere in the middle. I examine the account in Matthew. While examining, I look something up in the dictionary. When I come back to "Harmonies", I am back to the title page, and have manually go back to harmony of the gospels and find a specific harmony.

BTW, Swordsearcher is a very sweet and cool piece of software!

And please forgive me my cumbersome English!

Thanks for the feedback. Your English is fine. :)

I understand from what you're saying that you're talking about when you switch between tabs, and when you "go back" to the Harmonies tab you are clicking the Harmonies tab again. That indeed will move it to the top of the entries.

If you use the back button in the books panel instead (it's the first button on the books panel toolbar, the left-arrow), it should restore your position as well as load the module again. Does that work for you?

Also, you can right-click the back button to see a menu of previous positions to select.

Hi Brandon,

thank you for answering this!

It does work like a charm! And the right-click to see the previous positions is really useful too. The only problem with this would be if I navigate between many different commentaries or dictionaries/books - I wouldn't remember whether I should second-click the back or front arrow. But many tabs being used at once is rather rare, so your suggestion is more than sufficient 95% of time.

Back