KJV Audio Bible iPhone App

parkernathan

I know SwordSearcher on the desktop supports audio Bibles, but SwordSearcher doesn't currently have a mobile app.

I'm looking for a solid audio Bible app for iPhone that would read the KJV to me in a good-quality voice.

I tried the Logos app, but the audio Bible is very robotic since its TTS.

Accordance doesn't offer one yet. They've been looking at bringing a couple into the app in the future, but no ETA yet.

I had e-Sword on my iPhone in the past. I can't remember if it did audio Bibles. I had YouVersion Bible as well, but the app really puts a lot of modern translations front and center, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it.

Is there a good app that offers a high-quality KJV audio Bible for the iPhone from a similar developer to what SS offers on the desktop?

Thanks!

I know SwordSearcher on the desktop supports audio Bibles, but SwordSearcher doesn't currently have a mobile app.

I'm looking for a solid audio Bible app for iPhone that would read the KJV to me in a good-quality voice.

I tried the Logos app, but the audio Bible is very robotic since its TTS.

Accordance doesn't offer one yet. They've been looking at bringing a couple into the app in the future, but no ETA yet.

I had e-Sword on my iPhone in the past. I can't remember if it did audio Bibles. I had YouVersion Bible as well, but the app really puts a lot of modern translations front and center, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to use it.

Is there a good app that offers a high-quality KJV audio Bible for the iPhone from a similar developer to what SS offers on the desktop?

Thanks!
TACARTA, and download (free) the voice that you'd like to hear. (male/female/US/British.) ____I love it !
it is on my android, but they must have the same for Iphone.......
-->male/british sounds like, live in England in 1611..... very very good

Thanks! Looking it up on the App Store. They seem to have multiple apps. Is there a particular one you're using?

@parkernathan - If you would like something a bit different, search for the Dramatized KJV. It reads the KJV, but it adds actors voices for different people, and sound effects. I like it very much.

Back