KJVSL - the greek test not displayed correctly

DTregembo

Hey y'all!

I am using SS 5.4 on Linux/Gnu os distribution Kubuntu 8.10. When I use the KJVSL tab the Greek text is not displayed properly, a lot of the characters are incorrect. I remember having this issue under windows a long time ago and it was a certain font had to be present in order to display correctly. Is that the problem? Where would I get the correct font? And last but not least: where would I put it in Linux so it would be there for ss?

Thanks so much!

You need the Windows Symbol font installed.

Hey y'all!

I am using SS 5.4 on Linux/Gnu os distribution Kubuntu 8.10. When I use the KJVSL tab the Greek text is not displayed properly, a lot of the characters are incorrect. I remember having this issue under windows a long time ago and it was a certain font had to be present in order to display correctly. Is that the problem? Where would I get the correct font? And last but not least: where would I put it in Linux so it would be there for ss?

Thanks so much!

The way I did this, and I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, was to google and find and download Symbols.ttf to my desktop. I then went to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ and right clicked to open a terminal. I made a new directory (sudo mkdr myfonts). I then went back to the desktop where the downloaded fonts were and right clicked to open a terminal which I used to move the fonts to the newly created directory ( sudo cp Symbol.ttf /usr/share/fonts/truetype/myfonts/). After this I refreshed the fonts cache (sudo fc-cache -f), but I think logging out and then back in would do just as well.
Hope this helps.

Back