Layouts in Sword Searcher

Pastor Langley

Can you set a layout with books, commentary, and bibles, and have that all return as saved with the individual selected items?
Choose Bibles, choose books, and choose commentary and that gets saved as a layout? And does this layout saving have to do with the Module Set thingy. I have tried it it saves only layout I am guessing...??
Or is it just the "layout" that gets saved only?

Got it figured out thanks.

Oh sorry yes I got it! :cool::D:p🖥️
It was very easy to do, once I cleared my head and got a coffee.

When you read the Help and stop asking the Forum a lot of STUFF WORKS!!!
Ha!

When you read the Help and stop asking the Forum a lot of STUFF WORKS!!!
Ha!
Amen brother! But I am glad for the forum. Even though I have years of experience with the program, I am still discovering some ways to use it, and I am like, "Oh! It does that too? Amen!"

And I do still pose a question or two from time to time. And there is a lot of experience hanging out in here. No reason not to use that too.

Yes the Forum is most helpful!
Thanks for the encouragement. If we could get Brandon to stop by our offices from time to time, Ha! We could skip Reading and watching "Help Videos" Ha!!!
He has done a great job; both with a Bible Program and helps to go along with it.
I did figure out the "save layouts" as I needed it. I use one for Book Edits, Bible Study, and one for Alexander Scourby listening.

I think that the Tabs view is what I was trying to accomplish, That is still a puzzle.
When I try to save a current layout the tabs do not change.
Is that in the Module Set setup to do that? Just a bit afraid to start making Modules Sets unless I understood better.
Module Set 1
Show selected tabs (pick and choose 5 bibles, 2 commentaries, 10 books)
Module Set 2 Show selected tabs (pick and choose 5 bibles, 8 commentaries, 20 books)
Am I on the right track?
Do you understand this?

Last edited:
The layout doesn't include your visible library tabs, saving and restoring a layout just restores the "look" of your SwordSearcher desktop -- where the panels are.

Module sets are the right way to set up different groups of library tabs and quickly change which ones are visible. They can also be applied to the Bible margin, and also be used to limit full library searches so you can just search a pre-set group of modules...

Thanks a million, was headed there later. That was what I thought I needed to do, only after reading the "HELP"!!!!!!
So thankful for the Sword Searcher Program.

The layout doesn't include your visible library tabs, saving and restoring a layout just restores the "look" of your SwordSearcher desktop -- where the panels are.

Module sets are the right way to set up different groups of library tabs and quickly change which ones are visible. They can also be applied to the Bible margin, and also be used to limit full library searches so you can just search a pre-set group of modules...

So this answers my big question THANK YOU!
I can create a Module Set just for little ole me!
Can't wait to try this as I should have been doing long ago...
In that Module Set I can create my books, bibles, commentaries.
Awesome, wonderful, wait a minute I'm not preaching...
:cool: 🔎 🏁 Thanks Brandon.

I have my Office and Laptop both syncing my Bible Reading Schedule thanks to the Forum. Can I also have my Layouts sync on each PC?
Just curious because so far I just Create and save layouts on each. Now that I am learning a little, my curiosity is going up...<:
Is this possible? Is this omething in the Module Sets section or other?
Thanks again ahead of time.

I have my Office and Laptop both syncing my Bible Reading Schedule thanks to the Forum. Can I also have my Layouts sync on each PC?
Just curious because so far I just Create and save layouts on each. Now that I am learning a little, my curiosity is going up...<:
Is this possible? Is this omething in the Module Sets section or other?
Thanks again ahead of time.
No, those are per-system settings stored in the registry and there is no way to sync them automatically.

However, you can manually sync most settings by using the save/restore settings function to save your settings to a file and then restore it on another computer.

This is mentioned in the help file here (scroll to the bottom):

No, those are per-system settings stored in the registry and there is no way to sync them automatically.

However, you can manually sync most settings by using the save/restore settings function to save your settings to a file and then restore it on another computer.

This is mentioned in the help file here (scroll to the bottom):

Will read. Thanks.

Back