Life on the Highest Plane by Ruth Paxson

Steps to make a printed book module into a user module:

1. Scan (or photograph) the book to images.

2. Use OCR to covert the images to an editable document.

(The above steps can usually be combined with a good program. The best OCR software I have used is Abbyy Finereader. But depending on the quality of the print, free or bundled OCR software may do.)

3. From the document, copy and paste the chapters into a SwordSearcher user book module. Adventurous users may wish to use Forge, which can be much faster if you can pre-process your document as HTML.

Hi everyone,
I have the hard copy of her book. It is a very good book according to me :lol:
How do I make into ssbook module?
http://www.smithworks.org/highestplane/

The link looks like the book. You can just copy and paste each page from that source to a SS user book. Make the book using the SS User Menu -- create new user book. Then add a topic that corresponds to the link. Then paste the contents of the link into the topic and save. Do that for each page in the book.

The link looks like the book. You can just copy and paste each page from that source to a SS user book. Make the book using the SS User Menu -- create new user book. Then add a topic that corresponds to the link. Then paste the contents of the link into the topic and save. Do that for each page in the book.

Thanks Bill. I focused on "hard copy" and didn't think to follow the link.

I put this book together as a SS module. I decided not to post the link since in seems to be a recent book 1996 on Amazon.

I put this book together as a SS module. I decided not to post the link since in seems to be a recent book 1996 on Amazon.

Bill, any review of the book?

Back