Lines between paragraphs...

Regie

Hello all,

Often I can bring in something from MS Word and paste it and the paragraph spacing will be there ok and all is well. However, let me go in to edit it and make some changes and sometimes it will still be ok but often it will remove the extra line between paragraphs.

Do you think there is some way I have the program preferences such that this could be the result or is it perhaps a bug in the program or me :) ????

Thanks much,
Regie

I think this has to do with MS Word formatting in HTML -- it always seems to be a bit off when you bring it into other editors. Sorry I don't know what to suggest. :confused:

Dear Brandon,

I got a work around solution that I have been trying since I wrote earlier today.

The big problem I have is when I bring in a huge portion from a humongerous work and think it looks good, only to find out that some sentences are broken off and the remainer is put on another line. Then if I go into edit in SwordSearcher and make a change to it then the spacing between paragraphs is removed. So, I just take this huge portion and open another copy of MS Word and paste it into that. I keep that new page open until I get the work in SwordSearcher looking just like I want it to before I ever delete or save that other copy. I can go in and edit the MS copy and each time I correct it in it, I can then bring it back into SwordSearcher and replace the error.

I hope I made sense in this. Thanks much for your help. You're great about helping us out with our problems - I appreciate it.

Regie

Regie, have you tried pasting the text to another program, like WordPad, and then copying it from there to SwordSearcher? I know that NotePad will remove all the breaks and you end up with one giant paragraph, but maybe one of the others will preserve your formatting.

Have you tried saving the document as .rtf or one of the other "Save As" options in Word and then transferring the new doc to SS? There are a lot of options there - maybe one of them will work.

Regie, have you tried pasting the text to another program, like WordPad, and then copying it from there to SwordSearcher? I know that NotePad will remove all the breaks and you end up with one giant paragraph, but maybe one of the others will preserve your formatting.

Have you tried saving the document as .rtf or one of the other "Save As" options in Word and then transferring the new doc to SS? There are a lot of options there - maybe one of them will work.

Thanks Marty. It works well to put it into another copy of MS Word. Then if it needs correcting again, I again correct it in that copy. I keep on and on and on until I get it right. That copy leaves it ok until I do. The SS program won't. The good thing about the design option is that the formatting from MS Word is preserved.

Thanks much & MGB,
Regie

Back