Linking To Other Items On Hard Drive

BransonBob

I have a user created book for keeping website links handy, that I want to find easily when studying, and it works great. Works much cleaner than the Windows Bookmark setup for finding a website and launching the browser to see it. However I would also like to place a link into that same user created book that goes to the copy of my own website that I keep on my hard drive. I don't know how to do that, since simply copying the URL fails to launch the browser and display the website. If I am offline, away from a hot spot with my laptop, it would be nice to be able to access it from within SwordSearcher, too. Can this be done? Thanks.

It's easy to add web links to the editor (just drag from the address bar of your web browser into the editor), but unfortunately this doesn't work for direct file links. The only way to do this is to manually create file:// links in the code editor of the entry.

Here's a simple example using the code editor to open a file. See the bold line. The rest is created when you create a new topic in a book. Put your links between the <body> and </body> lines.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=unicode" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<a href="file://C:\Users\William\Documents\MindMaps\big pic web\filename.filetype">Open filename.filetype or whatever your text is</a>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Back