Logos 8 v. Swordsearch

Stewart

I have used the work flow feature in Logos8 and found it very useful. Logos8 is over priced and a portal for be sold much more than I will ever want. However, the Workflow feature would make SwordSearcher perfect.

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I have never used it. I'd love to read a detailed feature request.

Stewart

The above link will take you to the Logos8 Workflow tool.

RevTim

Beta Tester
Sounds like what I had in Seminary - homiletics and hermenutics. :)

Stewart

Did you find it useful? I am at present doing a read though the bible - one hour a day. Also I am studying the Book of Galatians but on this I am doing Chapter by Chapter, verse by verse, to get a real understanding of the Book. I am using Peter S. Ruckman. Logos8 seems good, but (1) they are always trying to sell the next thing (whatever), also Logos8 does not have a 1611 KJV (it uses a 1900?),and my computer is not powerful enough to use Logos8. Also to get a decent Logos8 system I would have to spend £300+ which is too much. What does homiletics and hermenutics mean? and could I do it at home. I can't think of a decent bible school in London,UK. God bless.

Christopher

Here is a basic work flow from Logos 8 as I have the Baptist Gold. I Still prefer my SS for simplicity. You could just work through this on paper. Also, I am not into reading other translations. I just posted the work flow they give.

Blessings
Christopher

1591412927903.png

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the suggestion and information. It seems like SwordSearcher already offers the ability to perform these tasks, but doesn't have a checkbox/template system for the list. Personally, I would probably just create a user book module and copy in the list and fill in the items as I worked through them. Then I'd have a permanent record of the study. The editor window could easily be left open while the study is performed in SwordSearcher.

Stewart

Here is a basic work flow from Logos 8 as I have the Baptist Gold. I Still prefer my SS for simplicity. You could just work through this on paper. Also, I am not into reading other translations. I just posted the work flow they give.

Blessings
Christopher

View attachment 1402
Thank you for this, I will print it out and make a template out of it. I would like to get Logos8 Baptist Gold but at the moment I have not got the money.

Keight

I use Logos as an ebook reader for copyrighted books that are free or cheap through Logos. It is a fancy Kindle app to me.

I use Sword Searcher for my serious Bible study. It would cost me a fortune to purchase the public domain books through Logos. And ... paying so much for the public domain books and some other marketing pitches leaves me feeling exploited. I do not like to mix my Bible study with that mess.

I am starting over with a fresh install of Windows AGAIN. I recently moved across the country and still am not settled, so ebooks are still my only option, I am installing and relearning and reevaluating software. At times I have not had a Windows computer and had to use other Bible study methods than Sword Searcher, but I always come back to it as soon as I need to choose a primary software package for Windows.

Logos always makes sure to give you way more of what you don't want, and not enough of what you do want. It is SOOO frustrating. And wastes my time and makes the software slow and fills up my hardrive.

Stewart

I use Logos as an ebook reader for copyrighted books that are free or cheap through Logos. It is a fancy Kindle app to me.

I use Sword Searcher for my serious Bible study. It would cost me a fortune to purchase the public domain books through Logos. And ... paying so much for the public domain books and some other marketing pitches leaves me feeling exploited. I do not like to mix my Bible study with that mess.

I am starting over with a fresh install of Windows AGAIN. I recently moved across the country and still am not settled, so ebooks are still my only option, I am installing and relearning and reevaluating software. At times I have not had a Windows computer and had to use other Bible study methods than Sword Searcher, but I always come back to it as soon as I need to choose a primary software package for Windows.

Logos always makes sure to give you way more of what you don't want, and not enough of what you do want. It is SOOO frustrating. And wastes my time and makes the software slow and fills up my hardrive.
Thanks-that is a very good reply.