Fixed! Margin links sometimes don't execute

wsbones

Beta Tester
The margin link animation doesn't always work consistently for me. I press the left mouse button, and the link shrinks and expands, but sometimes it doesn't execute the link. I may have to do it a couple times for the link to work.

I thought it was my mouse, but I have tried it with a wired mouse also, and it does the same thing. Could the be an option to turn off link animation?

I need to identify the root cause. If it's the animation, I would rather just remove the animation entirely than make it an option. It should work all the time. After some testing I am able to reproduce what appears to be an unpredictable failure of the link to execute properly (a second click seems to always work). I'll be looking into this.

I only recently updated to the most recent Windows 10 release (1903) and I do not recall seeing this happen before that. However, I have confirmed that it can be fixed by not using the scale transformation (shrink animation) on the link when it is clicked. It is an issue with the underlying Windows HTML control used to display the text in the panels. I will work on a hotfix update as soon as I can.

I am still on Windows 1809 where it happens. Thanks for looking into it.

Interesting. Then my guess is that it's a change in the underlying MSHTML.DLL control that was pushed out to older versions of Windows, too. Regardless, I'm about to post a fix for beta testing and should have the public hotfix available within 24 hours.

This issue has been fixed and a hotfix is available now. See here:

Back